Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review-New DX200 Green (Baton Style)

Benm

I dont like momentary switches either... then again thats easily bypassed and the tailcap safety can be used as a crude on/off switch i guess.

RMA'ing might be wise though, since its both mechanically imperfect and underpowered there isnt much to lose apart from shipping charges.

has anyone performed any mods to use the tailcap as a switch on/off? even if it's as little as using something to keep the front button pushed..I'd like to know what it is, cuz i will probably be doing this.
I don't wanna use tie-rap (how do you spell that?), I'd rather use something a bit more stylish..

Benm

I'm not sure about the mechanical constructions of these, but as long as you can reach the circuit board you can just solder a bypass wire over the switch. That way the tailcap lockout becomes your new switch.

I would wonder if it would be better to just buy 3-4 of the 50 mW ones and see if any of these would be pot mod-able into a 100 to 250 mW unit?

So has anyone found a way to open this laser up or fix the button problem? toilet paper kinda worked, but the mainboard still got pushed down, and the toilet paper got stuck back there, took me an hour total to get it all out. I thought about using foil, but i dont know if this will mess anything up electral-wise. Preferably something that i can get out easy...

erns

Does anybody know what a good safety glasses nm for this laser would be?

Would 532nm be OK or would you need something higher?

for the green 532 should work at least 2.0 od for the i/r you'll need a set or a combo 532-808nm style if these put out i/r i dont know if they do or not

Razako

For this laser you will need goggles that filter 532nm/808nm/1064nm. Good luck finding them.