Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: MisterWilling's 8x BluRay

Shipping:
He's obviously done this before. The laser was well padded and protected with bubble wrap. There was no shipping damage at all.
The Laser
The host is his own custom build anodized in black. It reminds one of a mini Kryton groove. But it has BIG features. An excellent rear clicky switch is evidence of the careful thought that went into the construction. The LG 8x diode driven via Flexdrive and a longlasting 18650 battery round things out. The lens is a LarryDFW with and easy-focus ring that I'm really growing to appreciate. This is becoming my favorite laser to grab to show my friends. Looks good, feels good and burns like a Banshee... Before the pictures, I should mention that this laser is not brand new, because of my finances MW was kind enough to sell me one of his older ones, he doesn't seem to be too rough on them.
The Pictures:
mwfull.jpg

Note the Focusing Ring --
mwfocusring2.jpg

Burning power on my black leather trim --
mwsmoke.jpg

And a beamshot augmented by JayRob's Smoke in a bottle trick --
smokinabottle.jpg

BottomLine ~~
If you'd like a unique, custom, well-built laser, think of MISTERWILLING

Last edited:

Nice! your really getting into this hobby...

Did he mention power output or what the current is set at?

Thats a very nice host.
I wish I ordered one from him, when he still had them left.

Hi guys, I knew I'd forget something. MisterWilling tested the power and it peaked at 385Mw. I don't want to take it apart to check what Ma it's running at, but I will say that it doesn't seem to get more than a little warm. It could be because he presses the diode directly into the heatsink with no Aixiz module. Seems like an elegant solution to me.

As far as price goes (with the LarryDFW lens) I think you're looking at about $350 for a brand new unit. MW is a machinist and if he does not have one ready to go, I'm sure he would make one up for you ~ Custom!! Just give him a PM, he was very timely getting back to me.

The hosts spreads out the heat. If you run just the "head" not attached to the battery tube it gets quite warm. But while assembled it handles heat VERY well because of the direct press fit.
I might have two of these available, one in black and one in purple. The purple looks sick. These will be brand new units, I'll get back to you guys if they are available.

it was kind of funny reading and picturing that little thing really outputing 385MW xD

the bottle would be a gonner xD
and the leather taking MegaWatts on it...BUUUURRRNNN!!!

everyone understood it was mW^^ but as i read it i found it funny to imagine a 385MW laser there xD