Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Review: Lazerer LZSK - 532nm 400mW Green Laser Pointer w/ Case + Goggles

Trevor

honeyx

I think you are right about the bouncing around a lot and I guess it´s due to the driftings within the mode.

Recently I got a defective 150mW module. It turned out the output of the driver was fluctuating a lot and so killed the IR diode. Replaced both and realigned the cristals. Now this baby is outputing 170mW quite steady. But if i turned it on without the optics, the first I saw was a green line like it were the beam of the multimode IR diode just turned into green. Within a secound or two this line turns into a almost round dot. Then there is also such kind of drifting to see insight the dot till it stops after a short time.

Here a Video about the Modedrifting. It´s made by HIMNL9. I just uploaded it to Youtube and hope he doesn´t mind.

Last edited:

honeyx

The googles are quite ok if it comes to protect you against a accidental direct hit. I tried to measure how good they are in blocking IR too but the googles started to melt so I didn´t and can´t tell. So if you are looking for really good ones, get ones with the glases made out of glas not plastics.

honeyx

Well, I didn´t buy it because of burning but the brightness. But if you ask me how well it burns I will tell you matches are lit instantly without focusing it to a pinpoint. I´m always using it being focused to infinity an pointing it to my jeans they instantly start to smoke. Those 200mW modules with a really thin beam diameter will also lit matches but won´t make your jeans start to smoke or burn holes into them. It even melts CD cases when focused to infinity.

InfinitusEquitas

^^^I think you'll find 1W+ of 445nm burns quite a bit better... especially when focused for burning up close.

I had yellow envelopes start to smoke 3-4 feet away with the one you have on the way:p

Depends a lot on beam specs too though, since you'll see the beam is kind of rectangular, so if the o-like has a really good beam... at infinity, in theory it could burn better, but I don't think that's going to be the case... or even close. I burned my fingers quite a few times adjusting focus before getting the adapter:eek:

honeyx

^^^I think you'll find 1W+ of 445nm burns quite a bit better... especially when focused for burning up close.

I had yellow envelopes start to smoke 3-4 feet away with the one you have on the way:p

Depends a lot on beam specs too though, since you'll see the beam is kind of rectangular, so if the o-like has a really good beam... at infinity, in theory it could burn better, but I don't think that's going to be the case... or even close. I burned my fingers quite a few times adjusting focus before getting the adapter:eek:
Sure :) It´s the wattage that matters for burning. A 1W+ of 445nm will do it much better than a 400mW green. It´s nice to have a burning laser but honestly I wish there were a laser as bright as a lasersabber but totally harmless not blinding nor burning anything :)

wheymonster

@ honeyx - just ordered same model but with different power... can you tell me if you paid customs tax? I emailed the lazerer guys as a few days ago but they havnt replied yet.

Stix62

@ honeyx - just ordered same model but with different power... can you tell me if you paid customs tax? I emailed the lazerer guys as a few days ago but they havnt replied yet.
No, you shouldn't have any customs duty etc. It'll come through as a low cost flashlight probably ;-)

Good review. ..+1 rep 'n all that.

I ordered one of these myself a few days ago,,,even more excited now :D

Last edited:

wheymonster

Nice :) how long do you think we will be waiting? Ordered mine couple of days ago and they are cheaper now lol (only by £2)

Stix62

Hmmmm...dunno. I expect Max is going to be very busy at the moment due to being 'closed' for the past couple of weeks

First time I ordered from Max (boxing day) it took about 12 days if I remember right.
2nd time,,, I ordered on 11th Jan as the chinese new year holidays started and thats not left Hong Kong yet. Its been about 23 days so far - probably 12+ more to go on that order.

I dunno how many orders Max has to deal with at the moment, but judging by my order numbers there are another 160 between them.

Stix62

Nice :) how long do you think we will be waiting? Ordered mine couple of days ago and they are cheaper now lol (only by £2)
Haha,,, I thought they'd come down a little. I'm sure they were £141 when I added them to my 'wish list' :D

wheymonster

Man i hope its quick, one guy got his in 7day to UK! Cant wait me... goggles on order too.

Stix62

You'll get an email with a tracking number when its dispatched,, you can start counting down the days from then :D