Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: Laserglow Rigel-6 593.5nm

I know he was using fog; but there are still other variables such as camera sensitivity. My iPhone and various digital cameras pick up my 405nm pen as a fairly bright purple beam, in real life I can tell you it's nothing like that. If the beam actually looked to our eyes like it did on that camera, at a mere 1mW, then I'd be a lot more comfortable spending $299 with laserglow at the possible risk of getting a 0.6mW model.

IsaacT

It doesnt look that bright in real life, no. It is a faint beam if you aim it close to your eye lol.

Thanks. Over the coming months, if I still want a 593.5 I'll be thinking about what to do. Either I'll buy a Rigel-2 from LG and pray I don't get a 0.6mW one (or ask them very kindly to cherry pick) or save a month or so longer and get a Rigel 5. I think the second is a better option (or get a quote from CNI...)

Could you give me an idea of what yours cost from CNI please?

Last edited:
Thanks. Over the coming months, if I still want a 593.5 I'll be thinking about what to do. Either I'll buy a Rigel-2 from LG and pray I don't get a 0.6mW one (or ask them very kindly to cherry pick) or save a month or so longer and get a Rigel 5. I think the second is a better option (or get a quote from CNI...)

Could you give me an idea of what yours cost from CNI please?

Don't worry so much about *possibly* getting the 0.6mW one :)

I have bought 3 lasers from LG and all of them average around the middle of what they were sold as.

Libra: 2-5mW Substained. Got 4.1mW
Anser: 2-5mW Substained. Got 3.8mW
Aquarius: 2-5mW Substained. Got 4.1mW

IsaacT

My 593.5nm I bought from another member for a really good price. New though they run around 330 if memory serves.

I have made my Dragon Lasers Spartan 589nm 5mw and Laserglow Rigel 593.5nm 6mw look super bright by using some fog, shooting the two beams thru diffraction gratings, thus creating more beams, and in some pics, bouncing the beams around using mirrors, prisms or liquids. Also, setting my camera to take exposures at around 15 seconds. And if used in conjunction with other more powerful lasers, blocking those beams after a few seconds and still exposing the yellows at 15 seconds. By doing that you create the illusion all of the lasers are approximately the same brightness, when in fact they are not even close.