Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review - DX 200mW Green Modules

did you just put a phr in an aixiz housing with a flexdrive for that pen host?
apreciate the pics. i cant decide whether to model host as there are so many.
Neither Aixiz module, nor Flexdrive there. I used a blank 12mm module from Rayfoss and the driver they sell. Picture of module here.
That host can fit any other 12mm module, including Aixiz.

Dimensions of DX 100mW module:
dsc000102.jpg

I ordered two of these modules from DX on August 1st. They did not ship these until October 15th, and I received them October 26th. Despite nearly no padding around them in the brown envelope they came in, both arrived in perfect working order. As I recently purchased a Laserbee LPM, I used it to measure the performance of these modules.

The first module output 75mW to start and gradually rose in power as the module warmed up. Output settled at 142mW, taking 90 seconds to get there. Leaving the module on a little longer let it fluctuate between 138 and 145mW.

The second module output rose steadily and rapidly over 30 seconds, reaching a peak of 146mW and settling back to 122mW.

Hi Bill !!!

What type of battery you used ???

Which one is better for this module, CR2 3V or CR123A 3,6V ???

Thank !!!

Dimensions of DX 100mW module:
dsc000102.jpg

Where are the positive and negative wires soldered on your module... like to bypass using the spring? I know that the negative wire is where the spring was, but does the positive wire get soldered in place of the R2 resistor?

Thanks a bunch,
Brandon Hauser

honeyx

The positive wire is soldered to the positive trace on the pcb that goes directly to the positive diode pin above. You can use the silderpoint for the diode pin as well - or the host of the module.

Ive already ordered this. How long should the duty cycle be? If not long, how shud i go about heatsinkingit?

NKO29

Please dont bring up such old topics... But no, it doesn't.