Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: DINODIRECT 1W 447nm Waterproof Adjust Focus Blue Laser (not finished yet)

DJNY

I was looking for an underwater laser pointer for testing my (currently broken) underwater cam. I didn´t expect a 1W power output, just that it is outputting >500mW, being waterproof and focusable. My expectations were definitely not let down.

Found the solution here on DINODIRECT:
1000mW 1W 447nm Waterproof Adjust Focus Blue Laser Pointer Pen (1 x 18650 Battery), Europe - DinoDirect.com

UNPACKING THE LASER

THE LASER
The laser was measured to be 140mm in size. The body is blue and feels solid in the hands. The laser is focusable and has an ON/OFF push-button on the end. Price was about $120 + $15 for EMS shipping. The laser is supposed to be waterproof, haven´t tested it yet. Duty cycle could be longer, but there are also high temperatures here.
For powering the laser a 18650 Li_Ion battery is included. It also comes with the suitable charger.

SHIPPING
The whole process from ordering to the receive took about 2 weeks. Communication was fine. Michelle helped me out a lot. I expected it earlier, but stupid postman forgot to write the notification that the package is waiting for me at the post office. Luckily Mic reminded me to check the EMS tracking number, so I got it directly from the post office. Three days later the postman dropped in the notification lol.

POWER
As I said before, the laser isn´t anywhere near 1W. It is outputting between 600-650mW, average at around 620mW. Yeah we have seen >2W, but >600mW is also a lot of power and nothing to just play around a bit without thinking about safety.

WATERPROOF TEST
SUCCESFULL

PICS

Laser vs match

Laser vs balloon

Overall experience

Review not finished yet.

Last edited:

Fenzir

Isn't the o-like 1w 445 waterproof aswell? But it's nice to see a review on a laser from a not-as-reputable seller.

same laser sold by rayfoss
www.rayfoss.com

buy it is sold as 800/1000. maybe the pot is set at higher current.

WHAT ABOUT the lense? i heard that it use a PLASTIC lense. i would buy it... only if i could change the lense... with a normal glass 445nm coated lense....do u think it is replaceable with this improved one?

nice ! i have some questions.

1) how is the beam? good mrad?
2) does it use plastic lenses... right? so... are there some artifacts in the spot?
3) is POSSIBLE to adjust the pot and set a little higher current to hit 800..900 mw?
4) if the lense is made of plastic.... is it EASILY replaceable with a better one (glass coated 445) ?????

Another question here! :)

Wich plug has the included charger? If USA, there is a AC adapter with EU plug included??

Thanks

ped

I cant believe no one has asked...

How the hell did you photograph the balloon...mid pop?!?

Last edited:
Nice review on a laser i was interested in!
with lpm measurements and all
if you tear away the "white ring" at the front, does it reveal threads that can allow you to attach diffraction grating heads?
this was a rumor that was going around
thanks
EDIT:
this user has the same host and confirms the rumor
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/r...ue-laser-pen-dinodirect-64887.html#post951021
does your particular host have that too?
(maybe its hit and miss)
thanks

he didnt.....
:p

the first pic was with the laser off
the second pic was with it on
the reflection was so bright, that the camera settings changed so the balloon became "transparent" (the light in the balloon also helped with that)

Last edited:

DJNY

It´s from a vid, I loaded it into a program and stopped it in the centisecond where the balloon exploded.

If you expect an on spec laser, I wouldn´t order this one. But DINO has quite a few on spec / overspec lasers (Firedragon series).

oh, atleast i know not to order through them lol

Guess it´s possible, but not without a modification. Haven´t tried it so far.

if you tear away the "white ring" at the front, does it reveal threads that can allow you to attach diffraction grating heads?

does your particular host have that too?
(maybe its hit and miss)
thanks

DJNY

Last edited: