Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Review: BangGood 532nm built-In battery laser pointer.

@ Ben
'Also, they may be able to run from usb power while charging - i can't really tell, but if this is the case you could just power it from a usb powerbank for longer runtime, provided it doesnt overheat. '

I was about to ask that. and IMO with even a small power pack (say 2 18650s) you would overheat it if not careful.. on TV "atm there are an estimated 5 billion devices using USB.. " we will soon see USB mini ports in everything..

while you can find packs w/ one 18650-(!7$ at DollarGeneral!)the one below holds up to four-two full size USB 1A and 2A W/ a mini USB in the center. (China EKbay-~$2)
-however once snapped closed these are a PITA to re-open. so choose your 'pulls' carefully.
:tsk:

:yh:good review +rep

Cute this battery contenitor with + and - ! dou you print him ?
Or you buy him ?

Good review of this laser...
Was a little disappointed you hadn't LPMed it yet.
Will wait to see the numbers...:beer:

Jerry

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Hak and Jerry. I'm struggling to find the time to do much at the moment. I'm getting ready to do yet another exhibition in London. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Long overdue update. :p

Added some more pics. But I had some disappointment though. I couldn't get my LPM to work. I think my transformer has had it already. :thinking: Does anyone here know whether or not a Scientech 365 LPM can take 240V 50Hz? Why can't you Americans have the same voltage as us? :p

BobMc

Added some more pics. But I had some disappointment though. I couldn't get my LPM to work. I think my transformer has had it already. :thinking: Does anyone here know whether or not a Scientech 365 LPM can take 240V 50Hz? Why can't you Americans have the same voltage as us? :p

Nice added pics, especially for a low wattage unit. Thanks for the update Curtis. Sorry to hear about your LPM can't say if it could handle 240 volts.

Ps. Wait a minute, wasn't it the Americans first discover electricity. So wouldn't it be you English that changed things up ? :)

Last edited:

Radim

Nice added pics, especially for a low wattage unit. Thanks for the update Curtis. Sorry to hear about your LPM can't say if it could handle 240 volts.

Ps. Didn't the Americans first discover electricity. So wouldn't it be you English that changed things up ? :)

It was much more complicated, Bob. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrification

BTW Nice review, Oliver. I somehow missed it. Great deal than. Still I'm curious about the actual power.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you Bob. :) That's ok, I wanted to ask before I stuck 240V into it. :p
They might of done. :whistle: We made it better. :na: :D

Thanks Radim, what ever power those 301/302/303's rate at is what this laser is at. Same module from what I can tell. The brightness is near identical with this laser slightly edging in front of the 302 I have.

Last edited:

BobMc

Thank you Bob. :) That's ok, I wanted to ask before I stuck 240V into it. :p
They might of done. :whistle: We made it better. :na: :D

Thanks Radim, what ever power those 301/302/303's rate at is what this laser is at. Same module from what I can tell. The brightness is near identical with this laser slightly edging in front of the 302 I have.

Too funny "we made it better"
Actually I think 240 volts travel farther with less loss. :wave:

I use to work around 4kv- 66kv power lines. It's what we were taught.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
It does. :p Also our standard home circuits can handle more power IIRC.
What current limit are your mains plugs? We have 240V at 13A giving us 3.12kW.
Nice job dealing with HV. :eek:

Last edited:

BobMc

Thanks worked around them for about 10years. I completed a 12,000 circuit in a tree once. The tree looked like I jumped out off the ground by a foot or so. Knocked me off my spurs, only my buck strap saved me. Not recommended, was not enjoyable. :tinfoil:

As standard; we can get 220 volts, amps not sure what the max is, we use 30 amp breakers? Which would give us 60 amps if we were using 240 at the time. 120 volts pre line.

Last edited:

If it is a standard transformer you would need to know
the output current and voltages of that transformer then
purchase a 240vac to whatever the output current and
voltage of the original transformer was.
That is if the output did not blow anything in the LPM
before the input blew...

Jerry

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Jerry. The transformer had more than enough clearance for the power rating of the LPM unfortunately. I hope it's the transformer and not the LPM itself.

Reactions: GSS