Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REVIEW: another O-Like 400mW Blu-Ray!

Its not the tighter beam that makes it show up purple.

A 405nm laser is a VIOLET laser, verging on ULTRA VIOLET, regardless if the beam is 1mm, or 100ft ,which has the ability to fluoresce certain materials. The fluorescence in certain white objects make it appear blue.

If you want a blue laser, then you want a 445nm like in your first link.

You will be disappointed in the 405nm if you want blue, as it only looks blue when pointed at your bleached white socks, or a piece of paper containing a bleaching agent etc. At all other times it appears VERY purple.

The 445, is true blue light, so it appears blue at all times.

Also, most cameras pick up the 405's as blue, they are far from it in actuality.

Thanks....I'll be interested in seeing if Weltall has trouble with his. The one in his link is still different than the one in his pics...

Thanks....I'll be interested in seeing if Weltall has trouble with his. The one in his link is still different than the one in his pics...

If you want a 405 to play with without spending a bunch of money, look on Ebay and Amazon. The 5mw ones are almost always pretty far over spec. The $8 ones I got off Amazon were close to 20mw, and for $8, its a good buy for a first 405. They are still impressive, and fun.

If you want a 405 to play with without spending a bunch of money, look on Ebay and Amazon. The 5mw ones are almost always pretty far over spec. The $8 ones I got off Amazon were close to 20mw, and for $8, its a good buy for a first 405. They are still impressive, and fun.

I already have couple green lasers from Tmart....their (supposedly) 1w that uses the same host as the FireDragon and an over-rated 200mw laser that pooped out already. I'll be posting a review on the old TMart thread when I get around to uploading my film to youtube.

I was checking out the O-Like lasers already....that's why I went to these threads. I wanted a blue or violet one for something different. I also like the diffusion caps option for when I go camping....

Last edited:
I already have couple green lasers from Tmart....their (supposedly) 1w that uses the same host as the FireDragon and an over-rated 200mw laser that pooped out already. I'll be posting a review on the old TMart thread when I get around to uploading my film to youtube.

I was checking out the O-Like lasers already....that's why I went to these threads. I wanted a blue or violet one for something different. I also like the diffusion caps option for when I go camping....

Ahh, OK !!