Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reverse Battery - important question , please enter !

By mistake I put the batteries reverse. I don't know why, but the laser doesn't work now.

I guess the batteries weren't charged (opened it in the first time and tried to use it ).
Anyway now I'm charging it, but still ... Im afraid.
Help please !

Blord

Why don't you try it again after charging ? And now in the good order. Maybe you are worrying for nothing.

Arayan

By mistake I put the batteries reverse. I don't know why, but the laser doesn't work now.

I guess the batteries weren't charged (opened it in the first time and tried to use it ).
Anyway now I'm charging it, but still ... Im afraid.
Help please !

what kind of pointer is it?

Blord, you're right. I worried for nothing.
After charged the batteries I tried again, and by mistake AGAIN in the reversed side of the batteries.
Tried the 2nd sides and he worked. (At start it started to blink, and work low, but now it works fine I guess. )

Thx anyway, and sorry for posting for nothin. :)

EDIT:

It's again not working. I put the batteries ok.
After writing that post today it worked great. Now it doesn't.
Why is that happening ?
I'm scared ...
I'm using that V3 driver:
http://www.cajunlasers.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=135

What's the correct way to put the battery in ? (I put it with th positive "+" face down. ) Also tried to put the negative "-" side face down. They both don't work.
Thanks ...

Last edited:
No, but they're ok.
I checked with 6 difference batteries that came to me today, new from the box.
Also it worked today with the same batteries. I'm sure they're not the problem.

Blord

First you need some basic tools for building a laser. A DMM, testload etc are necessary.
Then the information in the opening post is not much. Basically it says "help me, my laser doesn't work".
We need more info about the laser, how the driver is connected, pictures ...

Last edited:

Arayan

Try to clean the contact with compressed air.

Basically it says "help me, my laser doesn't work".
We need more info about the laser, how the driver is connected, pictures ...

BTW, Blord is right ;)

I used all of that things in different ways. ( Friends, everything is ok )
Anyway, some pictures:
245yb9s.jpg

2j0ea9z.jpg

3142n0k.jpg

2lly7bm.jpg

I didn't touch anything never after the building of it. It worked great, and I just stopped using it because of the batteries.

The driver is: BlitzBuck V3.1 Round Adjustable 1.2-3.1A - $19.99 : Cajunlasers Store set to 1.83A , the diode is a regular 445nm M140 Diode Three Element Glass Lens ... Host is UltraFire WF-501.
That's all. Help please. What the hell is that problem? I really didn't touch it, and it did that problem again today and then worked, and now it's happening again without work.
):

Blord

How is the electrical connect between the driver edge and the sink ? Is that solder blob really making contact ?

Beside the spring on the driver isn't really necessary with the 501B sink. Normally the battery negative has a spring. Now you have a spring both ways. I understand now the confusion :)

Last edited:
Well, I didn't understand... lol.
How can I fix that ?
Also, I don't know what's the problem. As you see it, it worked great for a few weeks. it was really strong and didn't make any problem.

Blord

You need to check for continuity. Somewhere is a broken link in the electrical circuit.
You can do that with a DMM ( again ).

But how is that the problem ?
It did that twice yesterday, and in the first time it worked.
So do u think I have to un-weld everything and check where is the broken wire?
( I don't have that DMN at hand right now )

Blord

The problem could be unrelated to the battery problem. It could happened at the same time. I have build this host and a potential problem is the contact between the board and the aluminum sink. That is why I asked for continuity check between connections.
The board and the sink may not be in contact.

Well, the sink must touch the board because it is on it. I mean that the top part of the host is closing the sink.
Also it worked as it is so why suddenly it won't work at all ?
If the problem is contacts so the laser supposed work a little bit.
I'm afraid to un-weld it and check ... dam. :\

AnthoT

Try taking out the heatsink module, put your batteries underneath it with the + touching the contact board & having a wire from the negative touching the aluminum heatsink, or better yet the - in...

It could be you need to sand some stuff inside the host if its anodized, I have a similar heatsink but a different host & I had to sand all kinds of parts to get a good negative connection...