Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REV: WF-501B 1.4W 445nm

Hey guys, i write my first review.
I want to review my new WF-501B 1.4W 445nm handheld laser made by Blord.

Here the features:

M140 445nm diode
3 elements glass AR lens on Aixiz module
Huge aluminium heatsink
1.7 A Buckdriver

The laser needs two 18350 batteries (that come with laser)

Laser is very good built

dsc00435io.jpg

The housing is a Ultrafire WF-501B flashlight so the laser has no security keys or similar. But that's not a big problem

dsc00436qy.jpg

Laser have a great heatsink, the duty cicle is 40 sec on/off, after 40 seconds the head of the laser start to become hot so it need some second to heat down

dsc00437je.jpg

dsc00439iir.jpg

Laser comes with two 18350 Ultrafire 3.7 Volts 1200 mAh batteries on a pretty battery holder, and with a blue lenscap to protect the lens.

dsc00442tj.jpg

The item is very powerfull and melt a cd case in 3 seconds.

dsc00447jk.jpg

It can make DAY in my dark room.

dsc00449nq.jpg

Batteries on full charge are setted to 4.2 volts, after 15 minutes of use spit out arround 3.97 volts.

dsc00451xt.jpg

some stolen images from Blord thread

wf501b-1.jpg

wf501b-2.jpg

wf501b-3.jpg

With G2 Lens

wf501b-4.jpg

wf501b-5.jpg

wf501b-6.jpg

wf501b-7.jpg

I'm very satisfied! i think that this laser is a really good product.

I will add some video asap.

Blord

Thanks for the review. I am glad you like it. You can always upgrade the laser with a G1/G2 lens. That would make the laser ~1.7 Watt. Pretty good for the money. :thanks:

I like how this host accommodates both the laser heatsink and LED drop-ins. Also, nice interference fit heatsink! I've been pondering getting one of those to see if it fits my solarforce L2. From what I hear, LPF's own Eudaimonium makes these heatsinks

Last edited:
Didn't even note that Blord went an extra step and polished up the heatsink's face to high shine.

Nice touch!

Metaller, let me know if you happen to have any troubles with the tailcap switch, I've had much experience with this particular host model and in a few batches, tailcap is a bit badly done. Let's hope yours is good!

Blord

The driver is the modified buck driver from DX. The current draw at the battery is much lower than at the diode side.
I like this build. Much cleaner and no loose wire that can twisted when you disassembled the laser.
I polish the front of the heatsink for that extra look. :cool:

@Eudaimonium : I had polished another sink when I returned it back to you for the fix. You didn't noticed it at your workshop. :)
And the tailcap was also tested before shipment by rigorously pressing on/off several times while connected to my bench psu at 1.5A.
The clicky withstand it well.

Last edited:
I didn't, because I wasn't there making the needed modifications. As the package arrived sometime mid-week, it was repaired and shipped off before I get home (I usually get home at Thursday evening and stay until late Sunday).

What do you use for polishing? It looks really nice.