Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REtard wth an ir laser

"Can be used for several applications such as LASER LIGHT SHOWS, LAB EXPERIMENTS, PHOTOGRAPHY, MOVIES EFFECTS, PUTTING DESIGNS ON BLACK PLASTIC SUCH AS CELL PHONES OR LAPTOPS, HOLOGRAPHY, and Lots More!!!"

Is it just me, or is "lab experiments" the only real application useful here? Not going to get any very exciting holography from an IR laser, burning up a cell phone or a laptop isn't a great idea.. movies effects? come on now..... photography because everyone loves taking pictures of invisible things, and for that matter, everyone just loves invisible light shows too! ::)

And yes, he is shining it directly onto a shiny metal surface. Darwin is so cruel. :-/

He also recommends that you go to wicked lasers to buy safety goggles but wicked doesn't sell goggles for ir lasers.  I bet he's just trying to get someone to use is refer code.

Isn't this the guy that was selling kits for his fancy pulsed driver >200mW 650 lasers?

I can do that with my 100mW 780nm laser. $25 from Aixiz.
I'll bet he's selling those or something else that isn't 300mW.

If he is wearing goggles then it really shouldn't be that bad to have it pointed at a reflective surface.

Zom-B

driver...optional... what, is he retard? ;)

If only eyes were used in reproduction... darwin award ;D (oh in a way they sort of are :D)

I was under the impression holography required TEM[sub]00[/sub] output, an extreme rarity among IR lasers.

diodes are hard to get my ass.

What does he mean by pulsed? Is he saying the diode will peak to 300mW's then avg 200mW's for the next few seconds before it burns out ;D

Ace82

Crap.

P.S. Dave:

"Laser diodes are hard to get." [Pauze] "My ass!" (Borat)

"My suit is black not"

I actually have a few ir lds' floating around, I wonder what would happen if I give them 100mA ;D