Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

RESOLVED BY COMMUNITY! - Bad experience with Bwhollen

Status
Not open for further replies.

midias

Re: VERY BAD EXPERIENCE with 'bhwollen'

Wow just found this I hope you get your money back and shipping.

He doesn't even reply here...
There will be no money back or something else.

I second that the hammer has to hit him very hard..no pardon for scammers! :tsk: :banned:

Edit: The badest thing is: I vouched for him in another thread..damn!

Last edited:

The BanHammer will not drop if there are no complaints
lodged with the Admin...c0ldshadow who can be contacted
by PM or E-Mail at... atarasov AT hushmail DOT com

The Admin really doesn't have the time to read all the
Post in the Forum..

Maybe the Mods could help with the issues as well...

Jerry

I really don't think this happened because he tried to scam anyone.

It's just a problem of someone too inexperienced trying to run a "business".

Unfortunately the end result is the same, someone got screwed.

The one clear consequence is that Ben should not be allowed to sell... not that anyone would buy from him anymore.

IIRC this is the third or fourth relatively recent problematic transaction for Ben.

Last edited:

I really don't think this happened because he tried to scam anyone.

It's just a problem of someone too inexperienced trying to run a "business".

Unfortunately the end result is the same, someone got screwed.

The one clear consequence is that Ben should not be allowed to sell... not that anyone would buy from him anymore.

IIRC this is the third or fourth relatively recent problematic transaction for Ben.

I have to disagree my friend..he knows this thread...he has obviously subscribed and he doesn't even comment here!
Neither does he apologise for the inconvenience he caused to the buyer (and some other forum members).
This is a serious matter and he dissapeared from the discussion...this is not acceptable in my opinion.

But in the last instance the buyer has to be the judge...

Last edited:

I have to disagree my friend..he knows this thread...he has obviously subscribed and he doesn't even comment here!
Neither does he apologise for the inconvenience he caused to the buyer (and some other forum members).
This is a serious matter and he dissapeared from the discussion...this is not acceptable in my opinion.

But in the last instance the buyer has to be the judge...

I hear what you're saying... and I agree that what he did, and what happened is wrong.

I agree. Ban him until he makes it right.

A ban is not a good option. You've been here a lot longer, but correct me if I'm wrong on what happens when a selling member is banned.

He comes back under another account through a proxy....

I would rather he be allowed to stay, learn, and hopefully repent, just not to sell. I think there are enough people on here to stop him from selling again.

Last edited:

His absence of posting is most likely because he's unsure of how to handle this situation and being afraid of retaliations on his posts (and possibly embarassment for his build skills). It don't think ben was trying to scam anyone but was definately guilty of bad building practices. Nothing wrong with being cheap as long as it doesn't compromise quality and customer satisfaction (aka a refund)

Hopefully he'll come though with some money to pay for repairs or anything for the OP. If ben cannot pay it all at once maybe he could PP payments until his refund is complete.

One thing is for sure talking about dropping the hammer is not going to encourage him to post or fix this situation. He needs to be encouraged to work this out anyway he can and it would be in his best interest to not only work this out with his buyer but also the rest of the community.

We need to start a seller approved program here at LPF.

I say for individuals who want to start selling lasers on a regular basis, say more then one laser every 4 to 6 weeks. They would need to first send off a sample to a trusteed LPF elder for workmanship approval.
Or at least take some sort of quiz or test on basic electronic knowledge. Like do you know the difference between positive and negative, LOL

His absence of posting is most likely because he's unsure of how to handle this situation and being afraid of retaliations on his posts (and possibly embarassment for his build skills). It don't think ben was trying to scam anyone but was definately guilty of bad building practices. Nothing wrong with being cheap as long as it doesn't compromise quality and customer satisfaction (aka a refund)

Hopefully he'll come though with some money to pay for repairs or anything for the OP. If ben cannot pay it all at once maybe he could PP payments until his refund is complete.

One thing is for sure talking about dropping the hammer is not going to encourage him to post or fix this situation. He needs to be encouraged to work this out anyway he can and it would be in his best interest to not only work this out with his buyer but also the rest of the community.

I'm sure thats whats happening right now, he's scared.
I think Ben's interest in lasers is strong enough that he wont run away from this issue.
If he wants to stay he knows he will have to fess up and take responsibility.

I would also hope that he gets some practice with his build skills before he tries to make more money of other LPF members.

having approved sellers could have legal reprocusions for LPF (ave)

michael.

Sorry to disagree....

He has had 22 days to make this right...
The whole thread contains good suggestions of how he can
remedy this.... which he chooses to ignore..

He has repeatedly stated that he would NOT fix the Laser for
Free nor would he Refund the Buyer...
He said he will only fix the Laser at the Buyers Expense including
the Buyer paying shipping both ways...

Give me a break.... What planet does this kid live on...

I'll give anyone a chance to make things right... but after 22
days of blowing it in the Buyers face... That is SCAMMING in
my book... he is taking advantage of the buyer...

Like all other sellers that tried to take advantage of buyers...
They are now on the outside looking in... Where this spoiled
child should be...

I think a seller should have VET status to be able to sell in the
Forum... (1000 posts and good Reputation).
This way if they are banned and open another account it will
take a while before they can sell again.

Jerry

Last edited:

rhd

having approved sellers could have legal reprocusions for LPF (ave)

michael.

One of the other problems is that, in all likelihood, BH would have been able to attain "approved seller" status.

midias

Look at it this way.

1) The seller sold a nonfunctioning product.

2) The seller sold a laser he did not even test or sold a bad laser hoping no one would find out

3) The seller wanted money to fix it knowing it was bad when he sent it.

4) If the buyer had sent the item back to the seller he would have never known it was put together wrong.

5) The seller tried to blame it on the buyer and wanted him to pay extra for his mistakes.

I realize Bhwollen is broke but he needs to at least appear and make a statement or no one will ever take his side. Make it right or get hammered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.