Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Request: Starfield Diffraction Grating pic

Y

yew.sir-name

Fourum and google search came up with no pics, just been on senkats site and he's selling them for $5, they split a single beam into 50 or so, anyone have one that can post a pic?

Thanks

S

SenKat

Check my review of NOVA's optics (in the review section) it is VERY similiar to those....I will have pics posted tomorrow on the site.

Haha, yes they are very fun to play with indeed. And at a price as low as $5 its a good deal. They are very crazy things. :)
Cheers for mine pseudo, and if those "other diffraction adventures" include glass gratings feel free to contact me.

Y

yew.sir-name

pseudonomen137 said:
Got a link?  :)

sure http://stonetek.org/SHOP/index.php?main_page= just click on diffraction gratings

Thanks for finding me the pic pseudo and thanks chickenfish for uploading it. I'll check the nova review after I finish writing this, what diffraction ventures are you going for? Howmany different types are they? I've only got one at the moment, it's the crosshair lens out of the dx crosshair module.

Rhith

Here's for anyone too lazy to click all of the links; such as myself. ;)

Attachments

• 100_4086.JPG
    100_4086.JPG
    756.6 KB · Views: 5,649
*wants deathstar grating*

My wife has been asking what I want for christmas....I think I now know....

Regards rog8811

Rhith

Sorry about the massive picture, I had it auto-resized smaller in my photobucket but that was still large and I figured when I just attatch it, it puts it in the box so it doesn't expand the page. I guess when I get home I'll change my settings to help everyone out. ;)

Nah, other diffraction ventures are just cheap film gratings inside the cardboard frames like you may have used to view some sort of gas tube in high school science. Very cheap gratings they get the job done (in X or XY) for a hobbyist - not what you want to use if you're making a tunable laser, but if you're just looking to split up a beam, they'll get the job done at rock bottom prices. I have no intention of stocking glass gratings ATM.

Greg's gratings are 2x2 inch film squares - its the same type of film as in mine, but they Greg's give you a significantly larger area and you could probably cut them down into a few <1x1inch gratings for the cost of a 2x2. I've also heard rumors Greg may be working on diffraction grating mount for Alpha lasers? ;)

Mark0

Hi!

Can someone point me to where these gratings can be ordered?

Thanks,
Bye!

S

SenKat

Mark0 - take a peek here : http://stonetek.org/shop . The more you use, the more points of light you have - if you place one on top of the other, and rotate one while shing a laser through it, the effect is phenominal !

r them 8 pieces at nova the only ones available on the market?
i want summat diffrnt :(