Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

REQUEST: AixiZ 5mW 405nm Power Output

So I am helping a friend that is in high school with a project involving lasers. He is going to observe the wavelength shift of laser diodes with respect to temperature. I gave him a 5mW 650nm module and a 5mW 473nm labby (for calibration) and then recommended that he pick up a 405nm module.

Because all of the 405nm pointers you find on the internet nowadays tend to be 50mW++ retina fryers, I recommended he get a 5mW 405nm module from AixiZ.

Here's a link to the module: 405nm Mini Blue Laser Aixiz Exclusive 8x13mm Adj Lens | eBay

I don't have one of these on hand so I can't meter it myself, so I figured I'd come to the trusty forums for help. Does anybody have one (or more) of these on hand that they could put on their meters for me? I'd greatly appreciate it!! Thanks! :D

and IT DID NOT occur YOU TO GET WITH ME??

My feeling are hurt bro!
I have some of these in my hand
I gave a bunch away already
along with 100 reds the same formfactor
would you like me to meter one?
by eye I would say maybe 10mW
they focus quite nicely and can get down to a pretty small dot-
mine have the red/black wires in place- so any 3-4 vdc source like a Li -ion works these just fine- long time til a recharge and i am guessing no need to do rest cycles .
I would be happy to send you one free but am almost out and what i kept has a purpose waiting-dr chuck can mail you some cheap- i know you will likey.
you may also want to order some of the other new items there-diode wired 'plug' to attach diode without solder- easy change out too-you can window shop aiixz stuff at Greedbay or Amazon but order ONLY from aixiz.com with CCard call 1 888 4 aixiz 1 ask for Chuck and tell him Len sent you he will not hold that against you (much)
if not I will grab a few more next time i go to aixiz- I went already last week so it may be a while (110 miles RT)

Thank you for the reply! Yes that would be awesome if you could meter a few for me. It is really important that they output 5mW or less because these will be used in a school project.

Thank you for the generous offer but I don't think he will need any more modules than the one he already has.

I fainly remember putting one on a meter and IIRC it made less than 10 mW--

I applaud you desire to keep things safe- why not give Chuck a call and see if he has a minute to meter one for you while you wait 1-888 4 AIXIZ 1- he may ship free or add a surprize to your package if you mention me- He is very big on both family and safety too his son is quite young so -- if you don't get an answer call 1 713 240 4929-thats is personal cell number please tell him i gave it to you--

Best time to call is between 10 am and 2 pm-
meanwhile i will see if i can find one of the last i have-

AixiZ sells the worlds smallest red module- I MEAN SMALL--not much bigger than a grain of rice!!

ask him about it- that may give him hint to send you one of those too-
they are very cheap so...if i remember I will call Chuck and tell him he may be hearing from you. AixiZ has been and always will be for us- the 'little' guys- helping to keep our hobby as cheap as he can-been pushing Chuck to carry 520nm green modules and bare diodes- ask about that too- it will help us to get them. Window shop at Greedbay and Spamazon but order and buy at aixiz.com ONLY-

djQUAN

if I remember correctly, I got one of those before and it metered at 7mW.

^^ thanks I sent many of these out for free & I hoped somebody had metered on-
and 7mW sound both right and safe
I just found one I have kept and will be right back with what my Kenometer sez..

hk

On a similar note to the OP, I just purchased the larger 5mW Aixiz 405 module, this one here:

405nm 5mW Blue Line Laser Aixiz Exclusive 12x30mm ADJ Lens | eBay

Has anyone LPM'd one of these before, to save me having to get someone to do it when it arrives?

(Note I'll be removing the line lens when it gets here, so I won't have the safety benefit that comes with a line laser).

Last edited:

IsaacT

If you still need one I'll mail it to you freefree. It is a module with driver.