Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Removed

Justin

Re: LaserGlow Hercules-500

About the documentation and sticker: Until a short time ago there really was no such thing as a Class IV Hercules, so all of our documentation and labeling shows Class IIIb. I've been trying to update everything so that >500 mW Hercs are labeled properly as Class IV but I can't check every product on every order so I think this one just slipped through the cracks with the normal Hercules documentation. If it's a problem I can certainly reprint the instructions and get you a Class IV sticker, but really Class IIIb and Class IV lasers should all be treated the same (ie. they're dangerous) so to the end user I'm hoping it doesn't make a big difference. Where laze_doctor lives, as far as Customs is concerned, none of these are at all compliant so there's little difference, but we are trying to make sure that the new Class IV Hercs are labeled appropriately. Future shipments should be clearly marked as Class IV.

Thanks for the review, BTW! The pictures look good and we really got a kick out of your laser safe. I think that's the first time I've seen that!

I will just say this for anyone who is considering getting a beam expander: you have no idea what you're missing -- do it!

I will have to second that.
I too have an X10DR. It is SWEET! I actually just posted a video in the multimedia section of it in action.

Class IV green + beam expander is the best you can get for visibility in a portable unit.
I hope you're enjoying your Herc. We don't see many of those around here.
:drool:

Nice unit laserglow has some sweet units
and Justin rocks

Razako

I have an X10DR for my Herc and I can vouch for how awesome it is. You get incredible beam visibility outside at night and you can focus the beam to a fine point on a building miles away or unfocus it for a badass green spotlight. I had mine out on a foggy night a few weeks ago and it produced a brilliant pillar of green light shooting high into the sky.

I don't even use the X10DR for burning. It's purely for the beam effects.

why not for burning? it is a nice trick use a beam expander to murn things over 10/15 meters.... not? :)

Does it have an ascension number for FDA compliance?
That label is incorrect.

These are clearly class IV lasers. Be careful what you point it at!
It WILL wreck an LCD HDTV screen in seconds even from across the room!
It's fun to put pyrodex in a jar, set it on a fence post and light it off from a safe distance! Lesser powers cannot do that!
You know when it's powerful when you can light cigars as quickly as a Zippo or shine it brown paper bags and they start sparking and glowing! Just a little breeze and you got a fire! Be careful!

FDA is very serious about this!

http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/RadiationSafety/AlertsandNotices/ucm116534.htm

Last edited:

Just be careful and try perhaps a teaspoon at first. You may need a helper fuse until you get the hang of it. Just keep a safe distance away (at least 30 feet outdoors). You will need a mic stand to hold the laser as it's impossible to hold steady in your hand! After it blows the cloud of smoke will be very bright with the laser and light up a large area.

If you have access to fiber optic cable you can pump it through that and place the end of the line right at the pyrodex. It's pretty much instantaneous. (~5W used here )