Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Relationships... and endings of

hoon

So , how many have been cheated on in a relationship they put their heart into?

I guess for me, out of the 5 more serious relationships, 3 involved cheating. In some of the cases I can see things weren't going great, but in at least one, it was very uncalled for, unexpected.

Maybe girls get their hearts broken and think guys are pigs early on, and just don't care anymore? I'm sure some aren't like that, I know a few who at least say they aren't. But damn, the amount that i've had is quite high, enough to take personally somewhat.

I'm getting over one now, that may or may not have involved cheating but still hard either way cause I'm the one getting dumped and found there was contact with other guys throughout (in at least a dating way, not sure if further and now, dont want to know).

It taught me to be careful about showing too much feeling and emotion early on; despite what she said, she acted a different more distant way. Usually I haven't felt that way so it was different. I showed concern about her distance and oops, should have let it go. Then again, i don't want someone who is seeking someone else "better", obviously.

Lol, a relationship thread on a laser forum, maybe i really am hopeless. But really curious as to what others have to say, us intelligent men might have good insight, or more bad experiences to share.

In my experience, there are things one can do to take the mind off the break-up/heartbreak/grief, such as movies or a tv show series on netflix to provide hours of mind-filling junk, reading and writing helps. Going out and doing things usually doesn't feel good the first few days or week for me... I tend to lack energy from it and just barely do what needs to be done like work or college and chores. Having a clean room can help. Chatting with other girls on a dating site eventually maybe, but it can be hard when you are getting over "one-itis". Perhaps talking with friends about it or some random internet stranger I occasionally do especially if i have some beers (which i try to avoid).

The magic healing number for me, during bad life events, loss of loved one , etc... although it might always be uncomfortable to think back on... is 3-6 weeks. For breakups, it tends to be 3 weeks to feel "OK" then maybe another few to be back to "normal". It doesn't get better day by day as some may be worse than others, but does on a week by week basis.

Share how you heal and deal.

Last edited:

Re: Relationshits

There's only one thing I want to say. I won't get married.

Last edited:
Re: Relationshits

I have had similar experiences, don't really know what to say...you've covered most of it. Very few women will stand by through good times and bad. As much as I hate to say it, its only due to my ex that I'm alive today. We dated for nearly 6 years and for the last 2 years our relationship and my life were tested with sickness, diseases (no... not those kind), death, accidents, severe depression but she stuck through it with me and helped me get past most of it. Its only when things started to pick back up and go back to normal that she decided I wasn't good enough and cheated before randomly ending it and running off with some other guy.
A week or so ago I got a phone call from her in tears and scared to death, over what she refused to tell me until later. Turns out the guy she ran off with wasn't exactly... good to her. Abuse only scratches the surface and if I ever find that guy, he will need an ambulance or a coffin. Don't know why I still care and want to make things right with her, maybe I'm a sucker... I'm going to give it another shot and hope for the best, I've got nothing to lose.
Best not to think about these things too much, they will consume you if you're not careful. Take it easy,

-Dustin

Last edited:

hoon

Damn, thanks for sharing. When i've gone through hard times, some girls like to be supportive as maybe they feel more valuable, and some don't want to bother even if I've been helpful to them.

Is there some strange attraction girls have to guys who are "dominant" and end up kicking ass? It's like, some kind of Stolkholm syndrome develops and some of even the nicest and smartest girls can't get out.

Is there some strange attraction girls have to guys who are "dominant" and end up kicking ass? It's like, some kind of Stolkholm syndrome develops and some of even the nicest and smartest girls can't get out.

That is what i have been thinking to, really odd....

My ex went of with a guy who abused her to... he didnt work, he yelled at her, hit her...and then all of the sudden when it becomes "serious"hes no where to be found.

i wonder if i hit a nice girl will she love me?:p j/k

but yea sometimes it feels better to be single, but other times you miss "IT"

Last edited:

hoon

I think (hope) it's more complex than just a guy that is abusive. I think a woman's "natural state/ expectation" in a relationship is a guy "better" than her, and acts dominant. It seems too natural for a girl to tolerate for LONG periods, a guy who is verbally dominant or abusive in some way. Some can't take that i'm sure, but many can.

Maybe to simplify, a girl just wants a guy who is more powerful and with higher status than her. A guy who beats a girl is displaying a kind of artificial dominance... messed up. I truly hate guys that beat girls. I had a gf who'd hit me sometimes, and once started beating me when i called an ambulance cause she was threatening to kill herself... had to pin her down and wait. What a mess that 3 years was, but she was the most loving girl I've been with, just got a bit too obsessive/possessive. Maybe that's an example of the reverse.

daguin

We like to believe that we are monogamous.

We love the IDEA that we will find our "soul mate" and "live happily ever after"

However, at best, humans practice what is termed "serial monogamy."

We stay with one person, (usually somewhat exclusively) until someone else catches our fancy, or some trauma causes a change in feelings, or we discover a "deal breaking flaw" in our relationship, etc.

Understanding the concept of serial monogamy will help you see that what you WANTED to be, probably never was. As long as you are dealing with humans, this will remain so

Second, you must understand the purpose of "dating."

In order to find someone that you can live your life with and that can live their life with you, you MUST go through a few mates that are NOT compatible with you (or vice versa).

The purpose of dating is NOT to figure out how to make THIS relationship work. It is to find a relationship that will work.

Not every person you love, will be your life partner ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

hoon

Great insight Dave, thank you for that. It may be just the thing I needed to put in my mind.

I'm glad I'm a guy at least; girls have higher investment in a sexual relationship by nature; should be less likely than a guy to cheat but haven't seen this theory work in practice.

I've never cheated but to be honest there was at least two wonderful opportunities I passed up because of my "monogamy"; in some moments I regret it. Analyzing the reason for it; well I didn't want to cheat, didn't want to hurt my girlfriend, but the main reason might be that I didn't want the "potential new girl" to find out I had a girlfriend. Things weren't going well at the time. Too much info maybe, but I don't mind spilling out secrets when feeling a tad emotional, lol.

We like to believe that we are monogamous.

We love the IDEA that we will find our "soul mate" and "live happily ever after"

However, at best, humans practice what is termed "serial monogamy."

We stay with one person, (usually somewhat exclusively) until someone else catches our fancy, or some trauma causes a change in feelings, or we discover a "deal breaking flaw" in our relationship, etc.

Understanding the concept of serial monogamy will help you see that what you WANTED to be, probably never was. As long as you are dealing with humans, this will remain so

Second, you must understand the purpose of "dating."

In order to find someone that you can live your life with and that can live their life with you, you MUST go through a few mates that are NOT compatible with you (or vice versa).

The purpose of dating is NOT to figure out how to make THIS relationship work. It is to find a relationship that will work.

Not every person you love, will be your life partner ;)

Peace,
dave

Well said Dave. Thanks

A broken heart is the worst pain. Womens are so fascinating creatures but simply intangible. I must see it again and again and it almost seams if you are an as...le to them brings you sucsess. I dont try to make generalizations. They want to be to brutalized. This is something i just dont can. As soon you are nice and affectionately you are called a wimp. I'm just to good for them. :yh:

hoon

Yeah...hmm.

I need to change my ways and behaviors; certainly my "natural" way doesn't quite cut it. We aren't trained to be with women, we learn through trial and error and seems that could take a few lifetimes to get it right. Of course women can't easily be generalized, but there must be some loose fitting truths.

I once read some seduction material; most of it seemed unnatural for my personality.

I think there are basic important things, like confidence, money or goals to get good career, and maybe humor. That is to start initial attraction or interest; to keep it going seems more complex. Confidence is a big one because there are many different ways it can be expressed. Sexually, emotionally, not shy or intimidated, taking responsibility and controlling to eliminate any awkwardnes, etc.

daguin

Be what you is
Not what you is not
Folks what do this
Is the happiest lot
-- Mr Wizard (the lizard)

Peace,
dave

Last edited: