Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Regret Your Username?

Do you regret your Username?

• Total voters

USAbro

Well think about if. When you want to rename a folder in Windows, do you need to take everything out of it an copy it to a brand new folder and then delete the old one? No. Instead, why can the user name be "renamed."

Well think about if. When you want to rename a folder in Windows, do you need to take everything out of it an copy it to a brand new folder and then delete the old one? No. Instead, why can the user name be "renamed."

Forum is not Windows, and we are not folders.

I'm pretty sure somebody can explain the technical reason in detail why the member can't simply be renamed.

I would have made my user name "Silver" but some banned guy with some negative rep already took it :crackup:

So I went with my usual online name.

Edit: never mind, looks like he isn't banned. He just left a couple years ago.

Last edited:
Yes. I'll have a shark with a laser on its head one day.

Some of the older members probably remember when you had a user name and a display name. My name that showed up for others was Dr. Evil.

Last edited:
@Eudaimonium: LPF isn't WINDOWS, you're right, but if you stay and think we are like folders: our history and data is like a video or a song for WINDOWS.
Anyways, somebody that know how is done should reply here...

USAbro

Some people like me would donate, but don't have permission to from my dad.

USAbro

Regarding username that's one thing, but I bet nobody else has had as much trouble as I have fixing my signature! I feel like I'm coding Java!

Mine needs to be changed to UFO Chaser or something of the like, naw, too close to reality & then I'd need to wear a tin hat. Beamer might be good, or perhaps, Divergence as the subject interests me for lasers. Rebel fits well though, I've always been a bit of one with some rogue mixed in yet I still have a heart for people.

I would ask to change it, but I don't want to ask or give admin the trouble.

Last edited:
Forum is not Windows, and we are not folders.

I'm pretty sure somebody can explain the technical reason in detail why the member can't simply be renamed.

Not sure if a game is quite the same thing, but i had a virtual world and someone wanted to be renamed, so I just renamed them in the database, and they logged in again, and poof, same account, different name, all in the matter of two seconds.

I just realized that I haven't voted yet.
To answer the question. Yes, I like my username. It took me quite a while to figure out one that I was happy with. But I finally did.