Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Regret Your Username?

Do you regret your Username?

• Total voters

rthoms

Wish i had made myself a better username! didnt really think about it when i made it, wish it was more laser related. hahaha

USAbro

I use USAbro, on several forums. On the Water Rocket Forum, my username is "Water Rocket Expert" which is probably not quite true. But on several forums (4 including this one) my username is USAbro. Also and old chatroom too.

USAbro

I heard you can change your username if you get permission from the mod or some forum admin.

USAbro

Is getting it changed a hard process? Does their have to be good reason? Does your rep stay the same? Do other people know?

Is getting it changed a hard process? Does their have to be good reason? Does your rep stay the same? Do other people know?

Yep your rep stays the same, IIRC you also need to create a thread letting others know you will be having a new username as well.

-Alex

USAbro

Yep your rep stays the same, IIRC you also need to create a thread letting others know you will be having a new username as well.

-Alex

There are two reasons to change your username.

1. Because you want to start over with a good reputation

2. Because your user name sucks!

There are two reasons to change your username.

1. Because you want to start over with a good reputation

2. Because your user name sucks!

Changing your username dosen't reset your reputation, your still the same person, on the same account just with a different name.

-Alex

USAbro

Changing your username dosen't reset your reputation, your still the same person, on the same account just with a different name.

-Alex

Yeah, but if you didn't have to make that special thread, then nobody would know.

Believe me I know what I'm talking about. I used to troll forums all the time until I realized that it was wrong-having fun at someone else expense. I had so many different account on one forum, then got banned. That was when I was 11, now I'm 15.

While you can get your name changed, go easy on it, since the admin has to create an account with your desired name, copy over all your data to that account, and delete the old one. It takes time.

So you know, if it's not absolutely necessary...

I better keep mine. Brings out good memories (not very old, but oh well:)). It still sounds weird if you stay and think.