Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Reef Aquarium pest laser...which to get?

TRIckman2

Hi Guys, I am looking for recommendations on a laser that can kill pest in a reef aquarium. So yes it would need the ability to burn things and ability to fine focus.

What recommendations do you have?

Hi,
For aquatic pests 3+ W's has been used to control them, 5W's and up are the better choice . I have made them for a number of customer and they work well. Divergence wise no need to worry about that burning is at a close range.

Rich:)

My buyer of a 450blue 3.9 Ws very happy with his .
Jetlasers Pro Pl-E I have another. We fully expect a 25 to 40 %price increase very soon (TY King
Trump) So once I am out ...we all will be paying more ... Its a myth that the USA will collect a lot of taxes/tarrifs etc-- it us that will now pay for the 'once free shipping' and more.. not China.
My Forum shipping prices are lower than from JL China-same otherwise-- full warranty etc.
jetlasers.org/PL-E Pro hak

TRIckman2

My buyer of a 450blue 3.9 Ws very happy with his .
Jetlasers Pro Pl-E I have another. We fully expect a 25 to 40 %price increase very soon (TY King
Trump) So once I am out ...we all will be paying more ... Its a myth that the USA will collect a lot of taxes/tarrifs etc-- it us that will now pay for the 'once free shipping' and more.. not China.
My Forum shipping prices are lower than from JL China-same otherwise-- full warranty etc.
jetlasers.org/PL-E Pro hak
How much to build one for me?

Manufacturing and selling portable lasers over 5 mW is not totally legit.
BUT you can get as little as two parts from two sellers and finish yourself.

I can have a complete JETLASERS LASER sent to you. BUT they , like Sanwu are NOT cheap. BUT the powers will be accurate. And a real warranty.

PM me for info on a few that are already in the USA.
AND be aware that prices are soon going up--thank Donald for that..

prices of LOTS of things are going up between 20 and 40%.

PS under no circumstance

should you have a laser sent WITH batteries in same box.
So called 'free batts' are almost every time junk. ...which , if your laser is seized will make you a believer in getting batts on your own.
try 'battery junction' good luck and lase safely.

tell us about the eye protection that you ALREADY have.

PS under no circumstance

Last edited:
I've heard several people having decent results with as low as 1W.

Hi,
If you agree with them thats you choice , Personally 3+ W's is minimal from my experience with other customers. Hey I am not trying to sell without justifiable proof , from past builds these are my findings.Rich:)

Hi,
If you agree with them thats you choice , Personally 3+ W's is minimal from my experience with other customers. Hey I am not trying to sell without justifiable proof , from past builds these are my findings.Rich:)
I've heard several people havi
I've heard several people having decent results with as low as 1W.
i have purchased several lasers from Lifetime17
Hi Guys, I am looking for recommendations on a laser that can kill pest in a reef aquarium. So yes it would need the ability to burn things and ability to fine focus.

What recommendations do you have?
I have purchased several lasers from Lifetime17 and all of them were top quality builds with power output above what I asked for. He is very experienced and has been building custom lasers for the members of this forum for a long time and I highly recommend having him do a build for you. He is also very knowledgeable when it comes to lasers and uses for them so I would take his advice and go with what he recommends

GSS

It looks pretty close to the same laser that CNI-Lasers is selling for $129.99??
Could be 5W but at that power the star caps are useless, and add to the final costs. The glasses aren't really to be trusted either so add another $35 to $40 to your budget for a pair of "Eagle" safety glasses..
Don't pull the trigger and buy it before some other UK based members chime in. Not to sure of the laws out your way as far as a few private member here who can build a top notch unit that will last instead of these China produced units..

I'm looking a laser to do this too, I'm from the UK. Been looking on ebay and saw this, they claim it's 5W. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183786766035

Or I've been looking at the 7w striker from Sanwu after looking on this forum but it is expensive. Any cheaper options that would do a good job?
Thanks.

I seriously doubt that laser comes close to 5 watts. It looks like an overpriced version of the Thor H dual power, which is under 2 watts. That laser can be had for less than half what they are asking. I have one shipped to me to review from over a year ago. You might want to look into that review. Also, diachi made a review of the same laser.

Mandelvolt

Aptasia anemones? I've found that if you disturb an adult one without killing it instantly, it releases a cloud of polyps before it dies. I always relied on lowering nutrients and biological control, although I'm curious about your experiences using lasers to control them.

Hi
I built many just for this application for customers. 5W and above do the trick.
The bigger the tank you need more power
Rich:)