Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red, Green and purple Beam shots

SyKo

Just a tad bored with all my lasers so i filled a room with fog and 'did stuff' for a little while :drool:
From left to right:
'1mW' Green laser pointer
250mW 650nm
250mW 650nm
'1mW' 405nm Pointer
F4XNsqX.jpg

ZKVNxqG.jpg

oBRUY8B.jpg

Just a tad bored with all my lasers so i filled a room with fog and 'did stuff' for a little while :drool:
From left to right:
'1mW' Green laser pointer
250mW 650nm
250mW 650nm
'1mW' 405nm Pointer

Great photos, but are you sure that 405nm is only '1mW'?!!! I have a hard time believing that could be visible even with any amount of fog. Could you see the beam yourself or was it just that the camera picked it up when you couldn't really see it?

Alan

SyKo

Camera definitely enhances the 405 but no, its most certainly not 1mW, i pulled it from a eBay buy a while ago because just like you i noticed it was way above 1mW, hence in the list i put quotation marks above 1mW.... silly laws do nothing but enhance the danger of buying lasers.

Camera definitely enhances the 405 but no, its most certainly not 1mW, i pulled it from a eBay buy a while ago because just like you i noticed it was way above 1mW, hence in the list i put quotation marks above 1mW.... silly laws do nothing but enhance the danger of buying lasers.

that's actually a really good point... rather than tell the true output they lie in order to sell it, making it more dangerous. i think this might need to be brought to someones attention.

nice beam-shots though! i have a few nice beamshots of my lasers but they're in my messy room so i want to re-do them when its cleaner so people don't think i'm messy XD

Last edited:

SyKo

that's actually a really good point... rather than tell the true output they lie in order to sell it, making it more dangerous. i think this might need to be brought to someones attention.

nice beam-shots though! i have a few nice beamshots of my lasers but they're in my messy room so i want to re-do them when its cleaner so people don't think i'm messy XD
Yeah, ive probably got hundreads of beamshots just like that until recently i found a good little space to do them.