Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Red dimmed light coming out of green laser

JimK

Ordering from same seller isn't an issue due to the mass production of those filthy dpss devices meaning that it's just a lucky draw.

Roll a die, if you get a 1, you get a dud.

Edit:
Can also confirm that the odds are worse with the Chinese 10c 18650s, they say 5000mah but are actually 600. 50/50 on them and I've purposefully blown up a few.
Efest, Panasonic, Sanyo, Samsung and Keepower (Panasonic) are the best genuine brands for 18650s.

The battery is worth more than the 303 and is great when you have a reliable power source for flashlights, cigs and lasers as well.

Xtar VC4 has never failed me for charger.
The Chinese charger has a risk of electrocution and may explode as it did when a member here sold me a Chinese one with their build (The joker).

Last edited:

Okay thank you all for replying one question. How do i check my batteries. Where do i need to look at if they are good or not because I don't have more of them it came with a charger thats all. Do i need to look at the voltage or something?

Also do you guys happen to know how to prevent the red dimmed light to occur again because this happened totally random and I still want this laser and probably going to order from the same seller

Really......:thinking:
You don't know how to know if your batteries
are good or not....:undecided:

It would be appreciated if you could stop Double
Posting

Jerry

Last edited:
Yes, double and triple posting is frowned on here. If you look at the bottom right of your post, you'll see the "edit" icon. Click on that and you can add information instead of using a new post just minutes after your last post.

JimK

I'd also like to add about a previous comment saying the Opus charger is great.

It's not, I just read that it pulses at 2A instead of CC/CV which at 2amp in could probably make Chinese 18650s explode if you intent to keep using them.

I'm going to keep of the mindset that Xtar VC4 is the king.

Stay safe!

I'd also like to add about a previous comment saying the Opus charger is great.

It's not, I just read that it pulses at 2A instead of CC/CV which at 2amp in could probably make Chinese 18650s explode if you intent to keep using them.

I'm going to keep of the mindset that Xtar VC4 is the king.

Stay safe!

What are you talking about? The Opus does not pulse charge and unlike the Xstar VC4 it can charge four batteries at 1000 mA each instead of 500 mA. It is also actively cooled at temperatures above 40* C and shuts down if it reaches 60* C. Also, unlike your simple battery charger it can test several properties of Li-ion, NiMH and NiCd that the Xstar just can't. It also has a maximum charging capacity of 20,000 mAh using CV/CC technology, but also integrates the minus delta voltage for NiCd and NiMH battery termination. I have the Nitecores that are every bit as good as Xstar, but rarely if ever use them because the Opus is such a state of the art charger/analyzer.

lots of good advice--My Opus has done well for me.
basically free chargers in MOST cases are worth a little more than nothing--yes even those from JL--you want a 'smart charger' ,,, one that will not start a fire.

Never leave batts in these overnight unless you set up a fire resistant 'barrier' mine is made from two cement blocks and some bricks..... and located in a place where a fire would not be likely or deadly..also better batts are usually safer that the cheap or free kinds. Nitecore makes good ones (both batts and chargers) as well.