Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Recommended Eye Wear

PS the orange-red ones work far better than the dark green ones against "blue" light

"work extraordinarily well" According to who?
On what basis? With laser of what output power?

thank you for the info on the green VS red safety glasses.

they work well according to me, and the reason i say "extraordinarily" is because they were 9$, as i said "for the price". i have no means of testing them with a power meter, however my 100mW green laser can't be seen after being passed through the glasses, unless you look really close up on a white surface in a dark room. when observing the dot with the glasses on, no green shines through, at least none that our eyes can detect, only a small, dim red dot that is not the result of IR as my laser has an IR filter.

Last edited:

PS the orange-red ones work far better than the dark green ones against "blue" light

They are not certified to meet any International CE Standards nor USA ANSI standards. They are not serious real laser glasses/goggles that actually do the job.

The three different kinds I have are all ANSI Z87.1, this will be printed into the plastic somewhere. For those who don't know what that means, it has nothing to do with lasers. It is a standard for impact resistance and chemical splash.

The red HDE are very good, but beware of some other orange-red of the same design, especially if the only thing printed on them is "made in China", some of these provide no protection from blue. The only thing printed on the HDE is ANSI Z87.1.

The Uvex claim to block 99.9% of all UV light, with 405nm it's more like 99.99%, if you don't believe it test them yourself, keep in mind it says on the box "do not use as laser safety glasses", the same company also makes laser safety glasses.

The very dark blue ones that have TREX printed on the blue lens are only good for viewing the dot of a red laser, they will not protect you when taking a direct hit from even a medium power red.

Alan

APEX1

THESE are in my opinion the best to have.. A bit expensive but you can not put a price on eye safety, plus it's supporting a fellow LPF member..

I am using an older version of these with my 2W 445nm blue diode laser: F09.P5L02.5000 - Laservision USA

My current glasses offer OD 4+ but when burning it still is quite bright looking towards the focused spot, I don't look directly at the spot rather off to one side as I aim while lasing. These new glasses offer OD 6+ at 445nm so that should be perfect for this power level. The absolute minimum for this power and wavelength is OD 3.3, so OD 4+ is, as far as I am concerned the minimum you should go.