Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

recently bought from o-like.com on 9/26/10

i bought a 200mw bluray adjustable laser for $105. i bought it with the $4 best buy. how long will this take to get to Los angeles California. will it get seized by customs??

Br553

I also recently ordered the 200mw red laser from O-like. I ordered it on 9-16-10 with the same basic shipping, and it left Hong Kong a couple of hours ago, on its way to Utah in the United States. My order did take a little bit longer to ship because there was a Chinese holiday on the 22nd and the 23rd. I would expect to receive it as early as this Saturday, possibly next week, depending on how long it is held up by customs.
From what I've seen on this forum, it seems the chances are quite good that your laser will make it through customs without any difficulty. Do you recall if you requested to have the laser and the batteries shipped separately? If so, this should increase the chances that it will not be seized by customs. But as I mentioned, there most likely will not be any trouble with customs. You may want to do a search on this forum for "o-like" or "o-like shipping to the usa" That is how I found my info.

Last edited:

iFoSh

It took me about 10 days AFTER they shipped the laser. About 2 and a half weeks total from when I ordered it. I got 2 lasers from them and both made it through customs with no problems!

this is why i like wlaser 2/3days u.s. based distributer...warranty with confirmed power output before u buy....i hate waiting...i just bought 2 200mw(80.00) pens one is peaking at 280mw always overspec units what more could you ask for..

Br553

I would have ordered from a US based seller as well, but last 2 times I've done that, I received underspec lasers. I've heard alot of good things about O-like, rayfoss and others on this forum, and I thought I would give O-like a shot. I knew going in that there may be a noticable delay (2 weeks so far), so its not that big of a shock.

Is the holiday over? Today I just ordered a 200mW new style waterproof 660nm...it should be shipped on time, yes?

Br553

The holiday that delayed my order is over, but I did see a notice on the HK post website that mentioned a holiday in mainland China that lasts from Oct. 1 to Oct 7th. I'm not sure if this will affect shipments out of Hong Kong. There is also a notice affecting air mail to the United States, specifically it says air mail shipments to the US may be delayed 3-5 days until further notice due to lack of space on air cargo flights. The notice was from about a month ago so I do not know if it is still in effect. I would think your shipment will ship on time, with possibly a couple of days delay. Perhaps others on the forum may know what Chinese holiday this is from the 1st to the 7th and if it will affect shipments from HK to the US.

edit: I should add that my order was shipped out about 24 hours, maybe less, after arriving at the HK Post air mail center. Its most likely in the US by now, but it still has to go through customs and then be put in the USPS system.

Last edited:
The holiday that delayed my order is over, but I did see a notice on the HK post website that mentioned a holiday in mainland China that lasts from Oct. 1 to Oct 7th. I'm not sure if this will affect shipments out of Hong Kong. There is also a notice affecting air mail to the United States, specifically it says air mail shipments to the US may be delayed 3-5 days until further notice due to lack of space on air cargo flights. The notice was from about a month ago so I do not know if it is still in effect. I would think your shipment will ship on time, with possibly a couple of days delay. Perhaps others on the forum may know what Chinese holiday this is from the 1st to the 7th and if it will affect shipments from HK to the US.

edit: I should add that my order was shipped out about 24 hours, maybe less, after arriving at the HK Post air mail center. Its most likely in the US by now, but it still has to go through customs and then be put in the USPS system.

just curious is it the moon cake festival??

Br553

Apparently the holiday from 10-1 to 10-7 is in observance of National Day. It marks the anniversary of the declaration or founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949.

i last talked to susie on the 28th and wanted to add the DHL shipping because on monday she told me due to the holiday it would take 20-25 days to receive. if i paid for DHL it would ship on Oct 5th and i would have it in the midwest on Oct 8th because there not affected as much by the holiday as the HK post is. Since 9-29 wednesday i have not been able to get ahold of susie on MSN messenger so i assume they are not at there business. now i just hope i can get ahold of her before it ships to cancel my order :banghead: anyone have any experience with sending items back for refund? is that non existant with these chinese stores?

I also ordered on Sunday 9-26 so im betting yours will go out on the 5th and get it the 8th also. cause Tuesday and Wednesday both days i asked her a few times just to see what shed say and she always said the soonest it can ship is the 5th.

Last edited:

pfav

Hi guys !

I bought a 808 nm 2.4W from O-like + DHL service.
PayPal on sep 21, (22,23 holiday) shipped from china sep 24 received 29 in Italy.

Fast service!!!

I didn't yet test the laser: 2.4w are not a toy !

I have this kind of glasses : OD>5 (680>1200nm). Are they good enough ?
Could someone suggest how to focus the laser?
IR paper will be burned, what about webcam w/o ir filter?

pf

Last edited:

Br553

Well, my order has been showing the same status for about the last 3 days, that it left Hong Konk Air Mail Centre on 9/29 (9/28 US time), no updates since. The number does show up in the USPS tracking site now, but with the same status. My guess is that the laser has arrived stateside now and is probably sitting in a warehouse somewhere, waiting to go through customs. That or it may already be in the USPS system on its way to my house. I have noticed that USPS is not always on top of things when it comes to updating their tracking website.

Br553

I received the laser from O-like today, about 18 calendar days after I placed the order. I requested for Susie to ship the batteries and tail piece separately, so still waiting for the rest of the laser so I can try it out.

well its been like aexactly week since i bought it and it still on its same status....... processing wth when is suzie online shes been offline for a while now

Br553

With my order, the status showed "departed hong kong" even after it was delivered. It took several hours before USPS was finally updated. Have you been sent a tracking number yet? As far as Suzie being offline, it may be because there is a national holiday taking place in China now, from 10-1 to 10-7. I think it is called National Day, in observance of the founding of the Peoples Replublic of China.