Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

received 2 different color aixiz lenses??

Hi everyone,
I was hoping for a little insight from the people who know their lenses here. I received a "glass" lens when i ordered from aixiz the first time and the glass lens was cross-threaded slightly. They were really helpful and sent me a new one quickly, however, the second one was different from the first.

The first lens is almost completely gone after I had to use vise grips to get it out of the module (unless I may clean it up by some miracle with a thread file). However, the straight slot that came in the plastic lens and in the 2nd glass lens was not on the first. Also, the 2nd lens is quite clear, perhaps even a slight red tint (might just be my imagination) and it is a little grainy with dirt perhaps.

The 1st one, which I still held on to, definately has a blue tint to it.

My question is, did I receive a different lens the first time? Anyone know which one is which?

BTW, I would ask Aixiz, but I would rather ask you guys first for a few reasons.

Kevlar

Could you post some pics? It's always useful with pics, and try to get the AR coating to show up on the pics, like this:

DSCN1997.jpg

DSCN2000.jpg

aixizlenses.jpg

the amber oneis for 400-450nm
the other is for red diodes
on some AixiZ lenses theree are slot; on both ends- the larger slots- the ones not 'recessed' go to the front- way from the LD.

Dr.Chuck tells me that due to a high workload( aixiz is not his main Biz) and not wanting to appear to be spamming for his Co. he does want be on the forums a lot- if however you want the above info or have ANY other questions straight from him- he tells me that he is eager to respond and post on the forums- his LPF name is his name 'cmarical' IIRC******************@ Kevlar^^^

Its posts like #2 here that makes me say--KEVLAR please dont leave LPF- your help is appreciated-- super photos- they should be 'stickied"

hakzaw

Last edited:
:confused: ok, so they are just plain glass lenses then? Not those expensive 405-g-1 / 650-g-1 lenses? *I just ordered the regular glass lense but I received two different types. Still confused

I'll also PM chuck as well.

Kevlar

:confused: ok, so they are just plain glass lenses then? Not those expensive 405-g-1 / 650-g-1 lenses? *I just ordered the regular glass lense but I received two different types. Still confused

I'll also PM chuck as well.

Yes, those are the 3 element AixiZ lens. The G-1 lens are single element lens from jayrob.

aixiz glass FT metal 400-450 nm AR coated-10$ to 15$ depending where you go
the glass for red diodes about 5$
the g-1s are the best but about 4X the cost.

dont know what you mean about 'just plain glass" ?

I guess I would consider the stock AixiZ acrylic lens that come with the blank modules(12X30) to be the just plain non -glass lens--50 cents each

hope this helps

see edit on chucks addy

also good to contact him at aixiz .com

Says that name doesn't exist? Make sure I understood you right.

You said: charlesmarical ?
your too fast for me!!

sorry its 'cmaricle'

or contract him directly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

free shipping for replaced lenses is offered by AixiZ- they deal with thousands of lenses and mix-ups can happen- AFAIK anyone wanting a replacement need only to contact aixiz and they will make you happy.

hak

Last edited:
lol looks like that was it. Thanks.

The only thing that boggles me is that the blue lens is nice and clear, except threads are trash. The other is dirty and obviously not blue. I just searched the store and they only have a glass lens for sale for the red diodes and the ultra violet or 405 and the tricky part is that the 405 lens doesnt have a slot in it. Just like the first lens I received (which has a blue hue).
http://aixiz.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=140

Kevlar

your too fast for me!!

sorry its 'cmaricle'

or contract him directly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

free shipping for replaced lenses is offered by AixiZ- they deal with thousands of lenses and mix-ups can happen- AFAIK anyone wanting a replacement need only to contact aixiz and they will make you happy.

hak

This is so true. Chuck and AixiZ have some of the BEST customer service I've ever experienced. He won't stop until you're satisfied.

I'll second that, the emails I received in regards to the threads on the first lens may have well been in a chat window.

They type as fast as I do.

thats the way we roll here in Texas. Or at least the the way things should be done.---everywhere.

hak

the amber oneis for 400-450nm
the other is for red diodes

Actually this might not be true. If it was one of the 445 batch that ended up with the wrong coating, it's fairly useless for both 405/445 AND reds.. I had of the few of the miscoated ones and I thought the same.. that I could just use them for reds, but when I tested them on 660's, their performance was way below even the uncoated acrylics that come with the aixiz modules.

If you ordered a 405/445 lens and got a blue tinted one, get it replaced.

Well the thing is, I ordered a 650 one. Got a blue one with bad threads. Got a replacement that wasn't blue and havent got my new diodes in, so I'm asking all the questions now.

Yeah if you ordered a 650, the tint should be blue. If it's yellow, they sent you a 405/445 lens by mistake.