Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rebuilding the dorcy jr. old style host FREAK build

no worries... it just that I thought this thread was a merged thread. I had to read it a couple of times. When I read the update then saw post #13 I scratched my head.

Still no worries carry on.:)

Blord

That is crazy efficient diode. I never seen a diode like that !

I am tempted to pull it out again and test it with 1.5A and maybe higher :san:

Last edited:

sinner

Agree with Blord.. This should be sent to piferal for a close examination and comparison with a non-efficient one :na:

Agree with Blord.. This should be sent to piferal for a close examination and comparison with a non-efficient one :na:

yeah it's quite astonishing to say the least i have a C6 build here with an M-140 running @ 1.6A which was marked as efficient by flaminpyro. it only does about 1650mW with G1?

EDIT: It draws 2.2A from the tailcap with an IMR cell

Last edited:

sinner

This must be about 4-5 months old laser diodes i suppose.. Also not so long ago anything over 1.6W+ was considered to be efficient,

I think it is safe to say that the new M-140's are much more powerful and DTR rocks \m/

DTR

That is a nice one for sure. Glad it worked out so well for you.;)

Nice build as well. I still have not had a chance to build a unit in this host but I hear they are nice.:beer:

That is a nice one for sure. Glad it worked out so well for you.;)

Nice build as well. I still have not had a chance to build a unit in this host but I hear they are nice.:beer:

Thanks!

This dorcy has quite a mass to it! A complete C6 build with allu heatsink, without batteries weighs about 75.6 grams

The dorcy weighs without batteries and allu heatsink 86.4 grams

Which means it has quite a lott of mass more in the heatsink and host then the C6 whilst it is only 3/4 of it's size!

I might sell this build for the right offer in the future because i am addicted to making new lasers and do not have 1 gazillion dolla on my account :tinfoil:

we'll see :)