Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Real or fake CREE LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhd

I work in the industry...my company sells head mounted lights for pest control, mining, construction, etc.... our manufacturer literally asks us if we want to use the real CREE (remember...CREE is manufactured in America. The Chinese have to import it if they want to use it) diode or if we want to use the cheaper domestically manufactured imitation diode. We have tried both and it becomes easy to spot the differences.

Translation: "I don't have to cite a source, because I'm awesome and I believe in myself."

Haha, looks like you can't deal with the fact that all those shitty flashlights you bought don't have real CREEs in them.

Translation: "Yield to the power of my level 25 ad hominem attack card."

I am done here, conclude what you want from my information. Just thought I would share :thanks:

Translation: "Crap... that didn't work... how do I save face?"

Last edited:

I would put 10USD up that says these are genuine, although they may be crappy and so badly binned, bad binned Cree LED are usually the ones the chinese can buy for cheap in bulk and still get the WOW factor from the unknown flashlight/LED buyer because the seller can still use the well reputable CREE name to sell their items,

Not to make you feel bad RYD but the OP was from '13 and pretty sure they dont care if they are real or fake anymore. The whole point of this thread now is calling out someone who wants to act like they are a "professional" in this industry but in reality either only know what BS was told to them or is just am idiot to begin with qho can only use google poorly.......

Not to make you feel bad RYD but the OP was from '13 and pretty sure they dont care if they are real or fake anymore. The whole point of this thread now is calling out someone who wants to act like they are a "professional" in this industry but in reality either only know what BS was told to them or is just am idiot to begin with qho can only use google poorly.......
So true, always Best to research before opening your Gob, Especialy around here!

ped

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.