Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ready 2 Buy but from which company?

Which company do you believe is number one in service and quality?

• Total voters
Everyone is looking to buy a laser but we do not know which companies are good and which ones are bad. I have heard many bad things about wicked lasers, as i have spent the whole night doing research, and the cons outweigh the benefits.

From my research so far i am leaning towards laserglow.com, jetlaser,
optotronics or, from what i read, you can do Group Buys straight from the producer CNI.

Also I have considered dragons lasers but i heard they come "under spec" and laserglow, for example, guarantees its output power and even goes above...

Now it depends what I'm looking for right? Ok i heard if you want burning lasers blue or red but if you want brightness and distance then its green? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm looking for a laser that can reach a far distance possibly into space so i can mess around with UFO's... Just kidding do not play with lasers but ya i want a laser that is strong like that but also reliable in terms of its longevity and battery life. I also wanted to mention i almost got suckered into the layout of wicked lasers and how they say they have the world record for the strongest lasers to reach into space but all i hear is complaints, :banned: rumors of under spec lasers and bad service. so can someone clear that up?

I was looking at Optotronics which i heard good stuff about but then i found this, "Duty cycle 5 minutes on w/ 2 minutes cooling time (72% for 7 minute cycle)." so this got me concerned because it seems like you can easily damage the laser if you leave it on for too long. The good thing about it, it has rechargeable batteries but no point in recharging if you fried your laser.

so getting more specific i have narrowed it down to Hercules Series which has 100% Duty Cycle which i assume means its safe to leave on for longer periods of times? at on the laserglow website it says "Exceeding 750 mW sustained output, the Hercules currently holds the world record as the most powerful green handheld laser." so obviously not every company can claim the title of the most powerful green laser but i encourage everyone to do your own research and i am writing this also hoping to be corrected and hear better suggestions. I don't want to exceed $1000... especially on something that will fry or have weird battery problems.

Toronto, Canadian :beer:

Last edited:

rhd

Re: Toronto, Canadian Ready 2 Buy but from which company?

Go with LaserGlow. You'll have your laser in a day given that you're probably a few miles from them ;)

JetLaser is awesome also.

Just a heads up - I've been deterred from LaserGlow in the past on account of the taxes (Canada to Canada sale). Well, everyone (CNI etc) pretty much declare full value on all packages, and basically the tax/duty you pay is the same as the LaserGlow 15% HST.

So - go LaserGlow ;)

Thank you! And what is your perspective on the lasers capacity to reach the stars? And if you can leave the laser on with out worries, is that what is meant by 100% duty cycle? Also i heard some batteries can damage the device... so i assume these are all issues to consider?

I just seen on - - Explore Records - Guinness World Records
For the record
Who: Hercules 500
What: Most powerful handheld laser
Where: Canada
Tested three times in five minute durations using two separate photon measuring devices, the Hercules 500 outputted 1W peak and 940 mW (+/- 20 mW) average of brilliant green (532 nm) laser light. Made by Laserglow Technologies of Ontario, Canada, the Class IV handheld battery-powered device features five independent safety devices to make it legal to use around the world. Long-range applications include construction and antenna alignment, but over short distances the laser is capable of starting fires.

I find it very interesting that i am new to all of this and yet the record holder is in my backyard!

If you call (416-729-7976) or e-mail Laserglow sales (sales@laserglow.com), you can set up an appointment to come in. You can check out some of our lasers (we'll give you a free demo) and even make a purchase on the spot if you want.

The Hercules series of lasers is easily the brightest portable laser we sell. It can run continuously for as long as you want (that's what 100% duty cycle means). It takes standard D-cell batteries (you can use alkaline or rechargables), so it's pretty hard to get the wrong batteries. It also has a power jack, so you can plug it into the wall using a power adapter and run it without batteries if you want.

I even personally check every laser before shipping (if it's over $100 in value) for output power and stability, to make sure you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

rhd

Hey Event_Horizon,

I sent an email in to LG over the weekend, but I thought I'd ping you here too. I think I want to grab a 594 GLP from LG. I've got a Vega, that while cool, is pretty old and a bit unstable at this point (at ~5mW). I'd like to grab a bit higher powered GLP (Rigel?)

rhd,

Our main sales guy is away this morning so you may not have heard back yet. I'll send you a PM with some info on what we have.

jimdt7

It depends on your budget. Both optotronics and laserglow are very high quality laser sellers.

Jim

I like the sound of that! :)
LaserGlow has 100% Duty Cycle and Optotronics, i believe, you have to shut it off every few minutes or so.

I will be calling to come in as soon as i got enough. Hopefully before Xmas...

Last edited:

ARG

Laser glow for sure, their customer service is unmatched.

jdkunz

Dragonlasers is the only one of the companies i have dealt with and i have never heard of under spec actually the opposite. they are expensive however

I see laserglowis just as expensive as dragonlasers ~$50 for a 5mw laser!? They are indeed nice, but not that nice....

jdkunz

I would say if you want a high power laser get the blue Spartan its cheaper. Lower power do not go dragonlasers