Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Re: stopped a train with my laser

Dont blame you, most companies realize this guy will go somewhere else and get one, and sell him one anyway!
Says alot about the hobby and its value to people who want to continue to enjoy it! Nuf said.
Al

BlueFusion said:
I would like to see the first post.

Now as a Blaze Lasers rep I must mention that this guy is attempting to buy a 2 watt IR laser from us and we have refused his sale. We don't believe he is someone who should possess any laser let alone an enormously powerful 2 watt one that can melt stuff in an instant.
We would seriously rather lose a few dollars and keep the general public safe.

Awesome!
I personally think every good laser company should do this.
If they at least inquired as to what the desired use was for the product, they could get an idea of what kind of person is buying.
If someone says "I want a cool laser to burn stuff and start fires" they probably don't want to use it safely/responsibly.

Hi

I hope this thread ends soon. I don't think cyclonite meant harm but I dont know if he realized the impact his actions had on the railroad and other safety agencies. That said, I hope he and everyone else has learned a lesson and realizes how important safety is with a laser. Let's all take heed and move forward with a greater knowledge of how cool and potentially "dangerous" a laser can be.

Safety is and always should be number 1.

Common sense is damn close but it seems to me they are actually one in the same

SN

For the purpose of discussion I agree entirely with you RA_pierce. Now if you read my posts it's clear that I don't fall into the category of a dangerous / irresponsible user. Now if you guys want to continue on this discussion objectively please feel free.

We don't want people buying lasers and getting in trouble with them, because thats bad for the responsible people among us if there were to be stricter laws against high powered lasers, plus we value the safety of people.

I already explained my situation and it's clear that I didn't mean harm. You guys are just taking the opportunity to voice your thoughts on laser safety.

Have you reviewed your last 15 posts?
Seriously dude you should hear yourself, you want to build a photonic disrupter which is specifically advertised to blind people and threat tactics? why the interest?
cyclonite said:
For the purpose of discussion I agree entirely with you RA_pierce. Now if you read my posts it's clear that I don't fall into the category of a dangerous / irresponsible user. Now if you guys want to continue on this discussion objectively please feel free.

Sorry just one more thing and if you were smart enough to operate a 2watt ir, youve been on here long enough to know not to brag about something like that even if it WAS an accident, Nuff said.

cyclonite said:
I already explained my situation and it's clear that I didn't mean harm. You guys are just taking the opportunity to voice your thoughts on laser safety.

I never did mention to anyone that I wanted to buy a 2W laser from anywhere. That was a big misunderstanding.

Razako

RA_pierce said:
[quote author=BlueFusion link=1203893360/0#14 date=1203900738]I would like to see the first post.

Now as a Blaze Lasers rep I must mention that this guy is attempting to buy a 2 watt IR laser from us and we have refused his sale. We don't believe he is someone who should possess any laser let alone an enormously powerful 2 watt one that can melt stuff in an instant.

Awesome!
If they at least inquired as to what the desired use was for the product, they could get an idea of what kind of person is buying.
If someone says "I want a cool laser to burn stuff and start fires" they probably don't want to use it safely/responsibly.[/quote]
Isn't that why a lot of people get them? In the IR laser section of blazelasers it says
Product Information
Take your laser-burning to a whole new level with the Blazer IR-2000!
The Blazer IR2000 packs 2000mw (2 WATTS) of power into the palm of your hand! This is truly a pyro's best friend. Toast through cardboard boxes, ignite matches instantly!

I really can't think of many reasons why you would want a 2 watt IR laser OTHER than to have fun burning stuff with it.

I take safety with lasers very seriously. If I even get a whiff of someone misusing lasers and enquiring about buying one from me they can go on the refusal of sale list here.

And the point is to burn your own stuff safely, not the retinas of far off train drivers.

Razako:

Didn't I just say I didn't intend to get a 2W IR laser? How did you guys even conclude that? sigh...

Did I ever mentioned I shone a laser directly at a train?

Or that I wanted to buy a 2W IR laser?

Show me proof that I said that.....

Razako said:
[quote author=RA_pierce link=1203893360/15#18 date=1203901184][quote author=BlueFusion link=1203893360/0#14 date=1203900738]I would like to see the first post.

Awesome!
If someone says "I want a cool laser to burn stuff and start fires" they probably don't want to use it safely/responsibly.[/quote]
Isn't that why a lot of people get them? In the IR laser section of blazelasers it says
Product Information
Take your laser-burning to a whole new level with the Blazer IR-2000!
The Blazer IR2000 packs 2000mw (2 WATTS) of power into the palm of your hand! This is truly a pyro's best friend. Toast through cardboard boxes, ignite matches instantly!

I really can't think of many reasons why you would want a 2 watt IR laser OTHER than to have fun burning stuff with it.[/quote]

Yeah I know that, but saying "I want to burn stuff with my laser" makes me think of a ten year old with no sense of safety.
It's the way it's said... You know what I mean?

RA_pierce:

I PMed Spyro to ask him how IR lasers worked and the first question I asked was about the visibility about the beam. The only reason I asked him was because since he sold them I thought me would be a good person to ask. Then I quoted a 2W IR as an example and asked him what the beam would be like. I never intended to buy one.

And just for the record neither did I aim a laser at a train.

Enough said.