Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss vs. Optotronics

I was searching around the Rayfoss website and I noticed that all of their lasers were noticeably cheaper than Optotronic's. A 400mW laser at Rayfoss costs $325, and a 400mW laser at Optotronics costs $1,298.

- Optotronics Product Details
vs.
- www.rayfoss.com

I also noticed that Rayfoss uses the exact same laser case as Optotronics for some of their pen lasers, as well as the same exact same pen laser housings.

- Optotronics Product Details
vs.
- www.rayfoss.com

Are they owned by the same company, and why is there such an extreme price difference between companies? -Viasho?

- products

Last edited:

Optotronics sells Viasho lasers, which are some of the best in the world. Rayfoss sells RPL look alike, many companies do. The pen lasers from Optotronics pen lasers are NewWish pen's that Jack (owner of Optotronics) tests for divergence and power, so you're assured to be getting high quality lasers. Not to say that Rayfoss isn't good quality, but Viasho makes some of the best lasers in the world, as I've said. In addition, the RPL's from Optotronics are IR filtered, meaning the power you get is pure 532nm, and some of Rayfoss's lasers aren't IR filtered, so be sure when ordering. If you can swing the hefty price tag, go Optotronics.

Rayfoss vs optotronics?
apples_oranges_lg.jpg