Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss screwed up my order!

Hey All,
I ordered the RF635nm-200mW-B03S Orange Red laser from rayfoss, it's the one on their site with the star effect image for $99. It was supposed to come with the laser, 1 cr123 & 1 18650 batteries, a charger, the extension for the 18650 and the keys for the lock and some effect caps. All I got was the laser, 1 cr123 and 3 effect caps. Also the main focus ring has a huge scratch on the face of it and the dot has a good sized splash and spill. They didn't say anything about was not included. Has this happened to anybody else? And to top it off it took 28 days to receive it. Not very happy and I let them know about it. This was my first Chinese laser, never again. I'll buy them for people on LPF from now on. No pictures, I don't know how to do it. Not that good with computers. UPDATE. Got the pictures to load. The first picture is what I should have received, the 2nd is what I got, the 3rd is the nasty gouge in the focus ring and the 4th is the spill and splash from the beam from 10'. The plethora of excuses I got from them was endless. I got an email today saying they sent me the wrong package and someone else got my package, the engineer forgot to add star effect caps in another email, they told me to put his name in wrong on the Western Union form that caused a delay, and then the postal service was backed up! It was non stop excuses! I won't buy from them again! Hows that saying go, Once Bitten!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 151
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 147
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Blord

Sorry to hear that. Putting it here will surely getting Rayfoss attention.
Hopefully they will solve the problems with you.

I hope it gets their attention. Thats just wrong. I bought the Blue Ice 1.2w from yobresal and should receive it this Thurs. I really can't wait for that one. By what I've read it will be a great build and built with care. The rayfoss beam is horrible! I'd add pictures from my folder but I don't know what to add after the http://. Can you help with that? Thanks,

Blord

You can attach files to the reply and show it to us. Press button Go Advanced.
Then in the Additional Options you will see Attach Files. Follow the instructions there.

Well, beats the hell outa me?!? I followed your instructions and when I clicked on manage attachments nothing happens. In posting rules it says You my post attachments. Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing with computers half the time. So me blueprints for building a house and I'm good to go!

Well, beats the hell outa me?!? I followed your instructions and when I clicked on manage attachments nothing happens. In posting rules it says You my post attachments. Like I said, I don't know what I'm doing with computers half the time. So me blueprints for building a house and I'm good to go!

The "manage attachments" button hasn't worked for me either for a little over a month now. In fact I tried just now for this post and nothing

Blord

It works for me. The max size of the picture is 800x600.

attachment.php

Attachments

• redlaser.gif
    redlaser.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_8138.JPG
    IMG_8138.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 343
Hmm, manage attachments works all the time for me. Maybe you have pop-ups disabled for this site?

sinner

Upload it to any image hosting and post the link here as

[ IMG ] http://imgshack.us.etcxxxx!@#$1234 [/ IMG ]
-without spaces offcourse.

sinner

Upload it to any image hosting and post the link here as

[ IMG ] http://imgshack.us.etcxxxx!@#$1234 [/ IMG ]
-without spaces offcourse.

Yep, that was it. My pop-ups was turned off! Thanks, I should have known that.

You can attach files to the reply and show it to us. Press button Go Advanced.
Then in the Additional Options you will see Attach Files. Follow the instructions there.
All fixed. Pop-ups was turned off!

I just want to add one point to consideration here.

While clearly rayfoss did screw up (that gauge, and missing pieces) the splash, and beam do look normal for a 638nm laser.

Unfortunately multimode mitsubi$hi diodes have horrible divergence, and lots of splash around the dot. Without corrective optics, there is just no getting around this.

Ask rayfoss to send you the missing parts, give you a discount on the laser, and one effects cap, with no effects, so you can hid that ugly looking gash.