Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss question?

So the rayfoss complete builds that are listed as 200mW...are they really 200mW give or take -15% or +15%.....if so 130 bucks for a water proof 200mW seems to good to pass...

Last edited:

i think i just placed an order....at what point will they ask me for money...lol.

I bought a 200mw laser.

They test it before they send it, heres my results:
Power test result of the laser:
Power output at peak:306mW
Power ourput at average:275mW stable
Test duration:30 seconds.
Test meter:TMP-1
Power supply:1pcs 18650 battery

So I bought a 200mw laser, and it avg. around 275. Very nice. Its not IR filtered, but I still get more than 200+ mw green.

Perfect, very satisfied.

What is the general shipping time for rayfoss lasers to come into the U.S.. I ordered one and it was put in the post on the 8th but has seemingly dissappeared in tracking. Last incidence is that it left hong kong post on the 13th overseas air and nothing since.

So the rayfoss complete builds that are listed as 200mW...are they really 200mW give or take -15% or +15%.....if so 130 bucks for a water proof 200mW seems to good to pass...
Based on what my customers tell me, the rayfoss or I should say qualifound as rayfoss was bought out. Is that their lasers are way overrated as far as output power, but their prices low, so you get what you pay for. Don't expect the 200mw to be more than 200mw and most will be well under that.
A customer just emailed me last week about the Optotronics 100mw pointer he bought in February. After getting it and showing it to friend, his friend bought this 200mw pointer from rayfoss/qualifound
www.rayfoss.com
His friend came over with his pointer to impress him with the +300mw peak and over 250mw average output that was reported on it's instruction sheet. His smile turned upside down when he saw that his rayfoss 200mw looked to be about 1/2 as bright as the 100mw opto and estiamted it's output to be no more than ~50 or 60mw and than after about 30 seconds the output dropped by another 50% and was maybe 30mw.

I asked him to submit what he told me as a review for the 100mw on our website and he said he would do it soon.
I told him to tell his friend, that he needs to get his laser metered and I would be happy to test it for him if he pays the shipping costs. Some of these sites prey on those that can't actually measure output power or know what 200mw actually looks like and say their lasers are much more powerful than they really are; most newbies are more than happy as even 30mw is pretty darn bright if you've never seen that power level or more. Heck, I remember the 1st time I saw a 5mw pointer in the dark and all I thought was WOW, this thing is like a light saber:)

As for waterproof, I would't trust them any deeper than that of a sink or bath tub, but mayeb some else has more information about that. I would consider their claim of water-proof as meaning they could be used outdoors in the rain or to maybe a depth of 2-3 feet in a swimming pool.

I agree with Jack and would only add that you could probably exchange the laser if it had such a low output.
But having said that, you do get what you pay for and for an extra $35 to $70, if you picked up one of
Jack's Optotronic pens, you would would not regret it.
And i'm talking from experience. :eg:

Chuck

Ash

As for waterproof, I would't trust them any deeper than that of a sink or bath tub, but mayeb some else has more information about that. I would consider their claim of water-proof as meaning they could be used outdoors in the rain or to maybe a depth of 2-3 feet in a swimming pool.
I can vouch for their waterproofness. I have taken several rayfoss lasers down to 8-feet deep in my swimming pool at home. You just have to make sure the laser is tightened up all the way at the threads, the aperture is sealed, and the o-rings are in good shape.