Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss: Power Testing Certificate Coming Soon

That's good news.

Look at home-page.

www.rayfoss.com

adszbuu.jpg

Last edited:

rhd

I see the same thing on both? Just a switching picture. And yes this is great news. I was just saying in another post that Lazerer will force other Chinese laser companies to start following their tactics if they want to stay in the business. Now all we need is for O-like to follow this. ;)

I see two completely different sites, depending on which I click.

haha Jerry.

They've probably seen the success that Lazerer has had with it and are just going to follow suit. AND Lazerer is charging $5 bucks for a certificate now (lol wat?!), which is pretty much free money after paying off the LPM.

Last edited:
This is great news!:wave:

I think this situation is a perfect example of healthy market competition in action. We had two cheap laser companies, who basically followed the same template, and people didn't have much of a choice.

Lazerer came along, started offering LPM tests and good service. Orders at rayfoss, and o-like dropped off.

So voila, they looked into why, and now rayfoss will start offering LPM tests.

Now if o-someone (too subtle?) also started doing that... how great would that be?

Nest step is to address the minor issue of some chinese companies selling items they don't actually have in stock, which forces them to ship weeks after an order is placed, and spend more money on shipping... lest they risk a dispute:D

Can someone explain this to me?
http://rayfoss.com
vs
http://www.rayfoss.com

What's more annoying is they both get blocked by two programs I use in the background. So both look identical to me... unavailable.

As I understand it at least... the URL points to a particular IP address. Which means that a version with www and without can point to two completely different IPs, in the same way that a .com and .net can be completely different.

They've probably seen the success that Lazerer has had with it and are just going to follow suit. AND Lazerer is charging $5 bucks for a certificate now (lol wat?!), which is pretty much free money after paying off the LPM.

I think it's safe to say the LPM testing has long AGO paid for itself where lazerer is concerned:)

Then again, maybe not. I mean who knows how many lasers they have to send back to manufacturers because they aren't up to spec.

Either way... good news for us:)

Last edited:
O-Like... (Suzie) bought one of our high end Deluxe LaserBee
LPMs last year... All they need to do is use the Data Logging
and produce charts/Graphs... There is no reason they can't
jump onto the Tested Laser and Chart bandwagon...

They are even selling the 2W Viasho VLP-2000 LPM on their
website... It's not like they don't have any LPMs...

Jerry

Last edited:
O-Like... (Suzie) bought one of our high end Deluxe LaserBee
LPMs last year... All they need to do is use the Data Logging
and produce charts/Graphs... There is no reason they can't
jump onto the Tested Laser and Chart bandwagon...

They are even selling the 2W Viasho VLP-2000 LPM on their
website... It's not like they don't have any LPMs...

Jerry

Then :wtf: were they thinking:confused:

I ordered from o-like on several occasions now, and the first two times I ordered, I even offered to pay up to $10 to lpm the lasers before they were sent out.

Went so far as to just send them an extra $5 in payment. The money was promptly refunded to me, and about a month later I had an extremely underspec, doa/near doa 400mW o-like torch in my hand.

After spending almost $60 in shipping two and half months later I FINALLY had a working up to spec laser. Btw it was this exact incident and situation that prompted me to order an LPM.

All that hassle could have been avoided with a quick test, and instead of a reluctant customer, o-like would have an eager one right now.

the one company bought rayfoss and the name so they can still the name i just got mine in the mail great product