Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss Laser Diodes?

Hey,
The laser diode I have ordered is a Rayfoss 5mW green laser diode and I would like to know is it overspec?

Has anybody had this one or a different one before? When I get the laser constructed by Adrian I will give a full review to let others know.

Thanks!

Hey,
The laser diode I have ordered is a Rayfoss 5mW green laser diode and I would like to know is it overspec?

Has anybody had this one or a different one before? When I get the laser constructed by Adrian I will give a full review to let others know.

Thanks!

If what you bought is just a diode, it will not be green. Do you mean a green module? Post a link to what you bought.

not actually, if you are gonna order a low power laser pointer, it will be great! just dont stick with 100mW and above..

AUS

I'll NEVER buy from Rayfoss again.

I bought a BDR-S06J sled for $48 which turned out to have a very under spec 100mW diode in it. They even posted quotes from this forum about how it was capable of 700mW.

Last edited:
that's bad, thanks for the heads up. i think some of these sleds snuck into a recent group buy

AUS

UPDATE:
I emailed Rayfoss and they asked for pictures of the sled they sent me. That's when I saw the PHR-803T sticker on it. Rayfoss have agreed to send me the correct sled.

Good on them for admiring liability and I am very happy and they corrected the mistake to my satisfaction :)