Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss confuses me, so I need some clarification

I ordered my laser about 5 days ago (from rayfoss, 50mw FLX yeahhhh lol)
and i still havent gotten my tracking number:wtf:....is that bad?? please reply fast

VERGiL

Just wait a few days. If you don't receive a tracking number then just mail Faona.

I ordered my 50mW FLX on the 18th of April and it left Hong Kong today. ;)

oof...but it says it ships 2 days after payment os recieved,,,im in da usa

rayfoss confuses me as well,

I am trying to order a RF660-200mW-FBT red, but this is the one laser on their site when you press "add to cart" that instead of it adding it to the cart, it is a link to their main site index...

So, I really want to order this laser, but it is the one right now that the site won't let me even have the option to order.

I have already emailed Faona @ the rayfoss email about this problem, but as I have heard it will take a while to get a response.

Any ideas to get this problem solved? (short of calling rayfoss in china directly)

P.S. Does anyone know the difference between the 'red' RF660-200mW-FBT model and the 'red' RF660-200mW-FPT model. Is it just the difference in the host texture coating. Where the FBT has a rubber finish versus the FPT has a smooth finish?

Tmax1

Other than the host this is the only noticeable difference:

FPT uses CR2 battery
FBT uses CR123 battery

I have not researched this enough to know which would be better but I would say whatever is cheaper to buy or has more power. Probably the 123 battery. But then again do you want to overpower your low - end laser? It won't last as long but you will get more mW's out of it... choice is up to you but I would go with the cheaper battery =) or get rechargeable.

Ash

Other than the host this is the only noticeable difference:

FPT uses CR2 battery
FBT uses CR123 battery
Sorry. It's a misprint on Rayfoss' site. They both take the same CR123 batteries as the regular Rayfoss greens.
The only difference is the finish; glossy purple, or flat black. Trust me, I own both of them.

This image shows a CR123 (16340/RCR123A) rechargeable next to the laser, but the text below says "1pcs CR2 Battery"

201025164830265.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Tmax1 and Ash for the info!

I got a email a couple of days ago from Faona and she addressed the problem on the
website and fixed it. So I have now ordered the "flat Black" host version.

I can't wait to get it cause this will be my first <5mW red laser. And at 200mW, I am
very excited to see what this 660nm can do.

But, I am also in the process of obtaining a GGW-H20L sled which contains a 6x blu-ray
diode and a 20x red diode. So, I hope to be building both with hosts and outputs
above 200mW.

Thanks again guys!

good news kids,
I finally got it ^.^ having some porblems burning stuff, but what can you expect from 50mw? :/

Why buy such a low power output from a cheap company like rayfoss, better off going for atleast over 100mW

i wanted to get 100, but im 13, and mah parents dont like that much laser powah >:/

btw way, anyone know hwere i can get a good 18650 battery charfer? im trying to stay away from DX