Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rayfoss.com??

I placed an order to Rayfoss using Paypal on July 9 and just now checked my Paypal account - it was accepted.
Items ordered were 30mw Star Pens in their red, green and blue plus 30mW green pointers.

All were shipped today. I will update here if customs intervenes, should arrive around the 23rd - Texas

Also of note; Faona informed me that they are experiencing difficulty receiving emails, myself included. Faona called my cell last night for order confirmation.

I set up a Skype account just because of this irritation and she had my Chat box lit up first thing at 11:AM here and we re-confirmed my order
That sweet lady never sleeps - a pleasure to talk to her over the phone!

I also ordered 16 of the 405nm driver boards - Product ID:RF405BVDD.
While Chatting with Faona (at 1:15 AM her time) I told her that the DIYers here are interested but the fixed current limit resistor (marked R6 on the PCB) puts them off. She told me that board is designed for their Torches, but that she has informed the engineer about this and I will bet you that a new will be on the way.
HOWEVER, I did some calculations and a .91 ohm resistor series with a 500ohm multi-turn pot placed in parallel across R6 will give 1.992 ohm to .6256 ohms for almost the full range of 60mA to 180mAs.

You're welcome to my free pot-mod - just don't say you saw it here

Update on my shipment:
Nine of them went into the border crushing machine along with $350 of my $$

Our laws at work - like it or not

And Faona, for me at least has dropped off my radar screen.

Ash

Update on my shipment:
Nine of them went into the border crushing machine along with $350 of my $$

Our laws at work - like it or not

And Faona, for me at least has dropped off my radar screen.
Are you serious? That totally sucks! :yabbem:
Did they forward the 16 405nm driver boards to you? Or did they just take everything? And, did you get a note, a call, or what from customz? :undecided:

Lately it seems a lot of people are having troubles with the Rayfoss products, if you do a quick browse through the forums there have been a mutitude of outright failures (along with success too) - I myself have stopped ordering from them pending the resolution of a matter involving modules, I had an entire order arrive underspec (which resulted in a partial refund) however then there was a spontaneous death, I shipped it to them via Airmail on the 17th of July for replacement and they're claiming they don't know if it came in, they have no record of it...

At any rate, definitely take a look at all the threads regarding Rayfoss prior to determining whether they are the supplier for you. Susie at O-like charges slightly more for her products in some cases but there don't seem to be as many reliability issues with them, just my 2 cents.