Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 200mW waterproof red?

Does it still light matches and burn through thin plastic? I was thinking about buying it but then I heard about how Rayfoss was going through a bad time because of some holiday. Is this true?

DJNY

Rayfoss 200mW waterproof red would take many many watts of laser light to be able to boil dark water. Water can absorb so much heat without much of a temperature raise (high specific heat capacity) so it would be impossible to boil water with a laser like this.

Very clever!

You´re reported. It´s time to say goodbye :beer:

Very clever!

You´re reported. It´s time to say goodbye :beer:

Am i missing something here?
Boiling dark water with laser...seems odd and offtopic but why report?

Ontopic: what waterproof 200mw can you guys reccomend me?:)

DJNY

Am i missing something here?
Boiling dark water with laser...seems odd and offtopic but why report?

Ontopic: what waterproof 200mw can you guys reccomend me?:)

Look at his posts and signature.

He/she only wants to be on the spot. But noone here is going to buy these products ;)

Edit: Or did I missread something? :thinking: Anyway, strange signature and strange post history.

You can´t go wrong with a O-Like or Rayfoss waterproof red, but if you want something for diving, I would go for higher quality ones like Jetlaser is selling.

Last edited:
ah i see. just warn him first?
Hes not a spambot after all....
well its not really for diving...but if im on holidays and there is a beautiful lake somewhere with clear water, i always like to go swimming. and i love lasers to, so i thought i could maby combine 2 hobby's at once :p
or wouldnt that be advised?

Hi i just received mine and at first i though there was no diode, i but the open can diode was there but still it emits no light or anything. no beam and no dot. im not sure why. Maybe someone would know what the problem may be.

Ash

Hi i just received mine and at first i though there was no diode, i but the open can diode was there but still it emits no light or anything. no beam and no dot. im not sure why. Maybe someone would know what the problem may be.
Are you sure the batteries are in correctly? The battery goes in (the rayfoss red), in the reverse direction (case-negative) from the green lasers (case-positive).
Are you talking about the one from rayfoss or o'like?
Open-can red... Most likely Rayfoss

Last edited: