Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 200 mW

Howdy guys.
I've been looking at the three lasers here: Rayfoss--Product List that are around $150 each. I was just wondering if y'all had any advice as to which one I should buy. I like the idea of an adjustable focus for burning but I could live without it as I already have a pretty decent blu-ray burner.
Thanks.

*EDIT* Also does anyone know if they ship battery/charger separate from the laser itself?

Last edited:

Any laser from Rayfoss will be great, just be sure to email and ask about the power (I think the 150mW is only 135). Plus they're all guaranteed. It really just depends on which body you like, although usually bigger body=more heatsinking. Also, don't get a focusable if you don't need one; the beam pattern gets funky and annoying to work with.

You can also email her about the battery question. I don't know.

jeffd

I would just go with something for optotronics if you are willing to spend that much. I had a 150mw rayfoss laser and i wasnt that happy with it; it didnt have the best divergence. But i just recieved my opto 150mw pen and it is amazing; it has awesome divergence, great customer service, and it has a awesome beam.

You cant go with wrong with something from opto.

D

Deleted member 8382

I just bought the 150mW and the 200mW units, will tell you soon-

Also, how can we get a non focusable one? they are all focusable!

Yours,
Albert

Also, how can we get a non focusable one? they are all focusable!

It looks like the one on the far right is non-focusable.

Jeff, I had looked at the opto lasers because I had heard good things but I was hoping to get something that wasn't a pen style body.

I bought 4 lasers from Rayfoss by EMS express. Customs seized the lasers but everything else still arrived to me (Charger, batteries, goggles, boxes, manuals)

I now have another onem on the way from her using the slow shipping

Wow thanks Abolfazl, I'll make sure and avoid that one.

Does anyone know if there's any difference in performance between the two focusable ones? I'll probably just end up getting the non-focusable one but I'm curious.

I've been emailing Faona and she's been great. I'll probably end up getting the non-focusable green 200mW. If it makes it through customs and if I can manage to find someone at Texas A&M with an LPM I'll borrow a camera and do a little review.

One more question for y'all. Do you think it would be more likely to get through customs if I could have the battery/charger shipped separately?

Last edited:
Just a note, I have been a Rayfoss supporter in the past, however regardless of the great communication, etc I have had a 100% underspec experience with their modules (which resulted in a partial refund) and a 50% failure rate with them, now they're saying they never recieved the defective module (which was shipped almost a month ago) - if you do a quick browse through the Rayfoss threads there seems to be a rash of failures with their lasers lately, and although it seems they are handling exchanges well, the point is there are still some questionable products coming from them lately - just my 2 cents.

Susies products may be a little bit more money, but the consistancy of her product is impressive - and when you're dealing with a 3-4 week turnaround plus expenses to exchange a product, initial quality really starts to mean a lot...

I bought 4 lasers from Rayfoss by EMS express. Customs seized the lasers but everything else still arrived to me (Charger, batteries, goggles, boxes, manuals)

I now have another onem on the way from her using the slow shipping

Sorry for the seizure nonetheless If you would have asked or looked around
express ship most always ends in w/customs seizures and a nasty little letter.

If I were you I would wait a little on using the same address for imports.
again sorry, they where, after all just doing their jobs.

Thanks for all of your help guys. I just put in the order for the laser and I'll let y'all know how it is when/if I get it. It might be a while because I'll be at school and it's shipping to my home address. I don't really want to have it shipped from home to school so I'll just have to wait until the next time I go home or whenever my parents come up for a football game or something.

Well it made it through customs and now the laser is at my house. Sadly my house is about a 4 hour drive from school but I have a friend going home this weekend who will hopefully pick it up for me.

Yeah I asked my optics/thermodynamics prof but he deals more in modeling laser/material interactions but he gave me a few names and I plan on sending some emails once the laser gets to me.

Well I got it from my friend a few hours ago and it's pretty bright. I only have a DX "200 mW" to compare it to but it's a lot brighter. I know the DX is nowhere near 200 but it could be around 60 or so. I'll let y'all know if I can get in touch with a prof with an LPM