Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 200 mW Green Focusable Torch

hello silvershoot..... mmhh if a person would but this laser..... shoud ask for the albert laser(without led) or your laser with led? i remember albert's laser is measured 220mw with ir...amd peak at 250mw. and has 160mw true green.... is it true albert?

AH...silver... in your photo i see "momentary button"... so is it like a pen laser? i don't know if the alnert's laser is click on/off or momentary on like your....(i prefer momentary)

however.... i am a bit mad.. but i will ask for the 20 times the mase thing on this forum XD.... WHY a focusable laser can only get 2mrad? ...i can't explain it!.... every focusable laser... when switch from focus point..to a parallel beam... has MATHEMATICALLY a little moment/point when it is near 0mrad... or 0.3... or 0.5....

do you understand my meaning? if the light converge to a point.. and then the lense change the focus... you MUST have a sensible hand to block the focus ring at he moment it give a "perfect" beam..(ok.. not teorically 0mrad.. but at least 0.5mrad yes...or 0.8 if you are bad lucked)

i am looking for 4 good burning green laser... power betweeen 150/200mw...

i don't tknow if buy an optotronics 150pen.. that hase the SAME power of your laser...(albert unit is a good unit and only have 160mw true green... and opto pen have 160mw...so the power is the same... but with opto you get 1.2mrad..and a LITTLE laser to bring with you everywhere....
i can't decide XD rayfoss give focus system.. to burn at distance.. but if the BEST divergence is about 2mrad... i don't like it..

SUGGESTION: use a binocular and see at a wall at about 200/300 meter. ...then turn VERY SLOW the focus ring on the laser.. and see the moment in which it has the smallest dot. and compare it with another true 1.3/1.5mrad laser pen (generally lower powered laser have this divergence)..... if the dot is smaller that it... you can say to have a lower than 1mrad laser :)
Dude,
first: try to construct sentences! typing a bunch of words seperated by '.....' is not quite readable.
Second: you need to understand how optics work. Focusing a perfect parralel beam would only be possible if the surface that emmits the light is infinetly small.
In lasers, that surface is not infinitely small because that is impossible.
That makes it , MATHEMATICALLY as you said , impossible to focus to infinity.

The Nd:YAG + KTP conversion method of getting green light is where you need to invest most of! If the making process is of higher quality and crystals are alligned for optimum lasing efficency, then you will have a nice green beam with ~ 1 mRad divergence, the smallest possible with green lasers.

ZRTMWA

hello silvershoot..... mmhh if a person would but this laser..... shoud ask for the albert laser(without led) or your laser with led? i remember albert's laser is measured 220mw with ir...amd peak at 250mw. and has 160mw true green.... is it true albert?...

Well that testing was done by Faona and I don't mean to sound cynical but I wouldn't ever trust a Chinese company's LPM results without seeing them myself.

@ realista,

Dude since the laser lights a match instantly why do you care about the power so much? I don't see why Faona would lie about the 205 mw output with IR..
You can email her and ask for a good unit.. You won't find such a good laser for that price..

silver..... i trust your laser is true 205mw...... did i say the opposite? i don't care about the power... it's good... but i worry about the bad divergence..... and i suggested you a little cheat to check how best is possible to set it...with a binocular.

I am not against you but with you...seem that some lp member hates me for my language...

silver..... i trust your laser is true 205mw...... did i say the opposite? i don't care about the power... it's good... but i worry about the bad divergence..... and i suggested you a little cheat to check how best is possible to set it...with a binocular.

I am not against you but with you...seem that some lp member hates me for my language...

Divergence sucks a bit but the nature of these lasers makes them like that.. However they are the best burners.. Thats why they are marked as " torches " i think. oh and I don't hate your language. I have seen worse english and I am not perfect either.

I think he was refering to me...
Dude, I do not hate anybodys language, but for Christ sakes' try to write normal senteces like everybody else!

D

Deleted member 8382

First, it cannot focus to the infinity just like any other laser. Also, you can't even try with this unit because it can only do reverse focusing, at the top right position of the focusing ring it's already focused to the infinity (at 1.5 mrad ofc). Anyway, try it with your dilda, you simply can't. Why? because all you said works considering a perfect shape dot, a perfect lens, and perfect crystals. Nothing of this is in any laser ;)

Also, I have the HLPM and in case anyone is willing to do so I can compare one unit to the other with LPM tests.

Btw, this about "it haves a nice round dot". Not in my case. Look at this. Evo pro vs this laser:

dotcomparation.jpg

Obviously the evo pro wins xD

D

Deleted member 8382

I'll take the Opto 150 I think.
why would you do that? not focusable, running on smaller cells, less lifetime, less power, no safety features...

@Silvershot: good luck with the new unit ;)

Yeah Faona was very kind to offer me a replacement. I will send the laser back tomorrow( Monday ) and maybe they will modify my current unit I don't know. here's what Faona said..
Regard the divergence of new
I will ask engineer to adjust it as small as possible by long foucs lens. And before shipping I will show you the picture of it. Yes, the hosts will be same with LED indicator.

So, after her reply, I cannot ask for more. Rayfoss has the best customer service.

D

Deleted member 8382

Again she's talking like if they really opened their units to modify them... uhmmm.... xd

ZRTMWA

why would you do that? not focusable, running on smaller cells, less lifetime, less power, no safety features...

@Silvershot: good luck with the new unit ;)

Really it's all about samll size, high quality, great divergence and a higher power than the Rayfoss torch. And I thought the Rayfoss torch only focused outwards?

They will be replacing the laser's lens with another one which Faona said will be long focus.. If they cannot open the laser they will send a replacement.