Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Rayfoss 100 mW green focusable torch

D

Deleted member 8382

@Cam, go for the one I bought. It's really a great laser.

DJNY

I don´t run my lasers for more than 45seconds at a stretch. I have no worries about the duty cycle, it simply isn´t interesting for me to run it for a longer time.

Go for s Hallucynogenyc´s Rayfoss or my O-Like 200mW greenie!

DJNY

I agree about the duty cycle but it's nice to know that if I set it up on a tripod and burn things I won't need to worry about going over 60s because it has a 5 min cycle.

-CAM

The laser won´t explode if you power on it for more than 1min ;)
You need less than 30sec to burn through relevant materials.

DJNY

Depends what you're burning... It can take a while to burn certain things...

-CAM

Of course ^^
But I can´t figure out that I burned for more than 30seconds. What should your laser can burn?

D

Deleted member 8382

The main reason IMO is not this one. The main reason is that both lasers are cheap china lasers. One of those have a lot of positive reviews and meets almost all of your needs. The other one is an unknown to us and it costs a lot more than the first one.

If you want something better than my rayfoss one, jump directly to optotronics or laserglow and forget about anything else.

Look at the Aries and the Hercules models on laserglow and at the RPLs on optotronics

Well if you are trying to burn THROUGH something rather than just making it smoke it will probably take longer than 30s if you don't have much higher than 250mW. Also depends on what you're burning through. So many possibilities lolz.

-CAM
you know alot about laser for not having a high power one?
not trying to be rude just saying!
Cameron

wbayw

Duty cycle is important for this laser! In the last few days I built a spirograph. It was awesome with this laser BUT I forgot to keep the duty cycle, and I used the laser for over 3 min. Its power dropped to ~20-30 mW or more. It doesn't smoke the tape and doesn't light matches anymore. So keep the 1 min duty cycle if you don't want to damage this kind of laser. BTW I mailed to Faona what to do, and she was very kind. She offered me the same laser for $50, or if I ship it back to her, they repair it at material cost, about $25. I think this is a very good customer suppor, becouse I didn't keep the duty cycle, and damaged the laser. I didn't ship it back, neither bought another one, I saved money for the O-like 150 mW cute. I am waiting for that laser now.