Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ray foss 150mw FLX problem's

It could be either the crystals, pump diode or driver.

Most likely the pump diode or driver, since the beam profile doesn't change erratically.

jbtm

I'm sending the unit back, it started to drop in intensity and fluctuate bright dim bright dim. What causes that? bad driver?

But any way Fayona is great to deal with :D

Would agree, she offers fixing and takes tips. I told her about my tailcap not working, and she said "If you cant fix it just let me know, I'll send you out another" It was an easy fix, and I told her and she said "Thanks, Will let our engineers look into it"

She also sent me free laser stickers because my one was pealing, and she is a nice person to talk to. Always responds in a nice matter, and gets answers. I ask her awhile back and I forgot what she said, but I think she told me the laser is waterproof safe to 9 meters, and they recommend oiling the rings every 2-4 months in the summer, and more often during the winter. She also said they recommend not going over 94F temperatures. My laser was fine in a 96F hottub, only water I have for enjoying the beam.

My 200mw waterproof makes a dot with a line oddly. ----o----

I agree, Fayona is a blessing to talk to!

I love how nice and promt she is when it comes to one having a problem...

Im no expert but I think I seen somewhere the red's do have a line in the beam and it's a normal thing.

How does it burn?

jbtm

Cant fully say, I dont burn because I dont have proper glasses yet. I did try it once using a cyan plastic sheet, blocked the laser enough that you couldnt even see the dot, just avoided any metals. So it did burn. But I never did distance burning. So cant fully answer you, but from what I've done so far, I like :)

Nice, I had a hard time burning till I got my Free Ray Foss green shades on my last order and I tell ya it a pleasure burning now .... my eyes don't ache any more lol, not that i would look at the beam but look off center to see what I was doing....

I just wish I had protective glasses that would show the beam better.

any ideas on what will work better?

mine has all those same problems, angled beam, flashing power (when i turn it on but its because my laser hops modes) . does your beamdot have scatter arouund it. i tried cleaning lens but no luck. im gonna live with it though. probably buy something way nicer when i have the resources.

mine has all those same problems, angled beam, flashing power (when i turn it on but its because my laser hops modes) . does your beamdot have scatter arouund it. i tried cleaning lens but no luck. im gonna live with it though. probably buy something way nicer when i have the resources.
Mine didn't have a low-high power flashing problem till after 30min of use....and the dot stayed the same, Just the brightness fluctuated that's all.

I thought it was the end cap causing problems but till I swapped it out it still did the same thing.... I just think we got a bad batch bro.

It cost me 9.60 dollars to ship it back and I sent Faona an e-mail to make sure this time the every thing is flawless....

other wise I told her Im buying some where else.