Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

rainbow pics 11/14/14

These rainbow pics were taken using 2 "rainbows" consisting of a 405, 447, 532, 589, and 650nm lasers. Each rainbow had the beams focused into a small round mirror and then reflected in to larger mirrors making for some really nice patterns. Also, there are a few with just a 405,473, and 447nm used. and some with various diffraction gratings. And lastly, I used my plasma globe (turned off) in the last few. Enjoy.

Last edited:

Brucemir You really make some nice pictures. Makes me want to aspire to your level! I live vicarious though yours! Nice Job

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nobody can weave laser beams like you, Bruce. Another fantastic job! Those large mirrors really add another dimension to your work. :beer:

gozert

I'm amazed, those are some very good looking pictures! May I ask you if you built those stands that hold your lasers yourself, and if so, could you explain how?

Thanks for the nice comments!!

I wish people could see this (and all of the other set ups I have done) in person as they look really awesome and much better seeing the way my garage lights up.

NRGlite - yes I do use fog in all of my shots. I try to use just enough to highlight the beams. If I use more, it does not look good in the photograph as it creates a haze that glows.

gozart - the stands I use are actually ring stands and burette clamps, like used in holding chemistry apparatus. A LPF member, Marco Polo was the first I have seen use this method and it is by far my favorite way of mounting lasers. Go to Amazon an put intheir seach engine, Ring Stands, and Burette Clamp and you will see what is available. I have also built some of my own stands that can hold multiple lasers and some that can hold a laser and diffraction grating.

This past weekend I set up everything the same way but added fan diffraction gratings in between the mirrors creating a load of beams going into the long rectangular mirrors, and those being reflected at various angles. Those pics will get posted soon.

Very nice, your having just too much fun there :crackup: where did you get all them lasers I think you have more than your allotted amount :crackup:

Yours pics are very good I have a couple myself made with a Xtal ball but they don't stand up to yours to be sure but here's one anyway>

I agree they all look so much better in person and then sometimes
they don't look any thing like they do in the picture
for instance when I took this picture>

on a mountain top when it was snowing and there was
fog in the air the beams looked like single individual
beams what you would think a beam looks like so I
was very surprised when it came out looking like it
did but very happy :D

Last edited:
hey Flaminpyro,
Thanks, and nice shots you have posted! I really enjoy shooting lasers into all sorts of glass to see how the light bends around. It never gets old. I pretty much now have all of the lasers I need (and then some). I wanted to have have two of each "normal" frequency to do what I want photographically, and now that I have accomplished that, my laser purchases have been minimal. But I am always on the hunt for different glassware and optics. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Awesome laser pics as always Bruce. I am wondering how you get all this set up, turned on, and photographed in relation to the lasers duty cycles. Is this as challenging as I think? You must be working under the clock so to speak. Great job.

Last edited: