Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Radiant Shades 405-532nm protective goggles review

(THIS IS MY FIRST REVIEW)

I didn't see any review on these so here it goes!

I ordered them from here: (THE LINK IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW, WILL ADD WHEN ITS BACK UP. Should be http://www.radiantelectronics.org/)

$23.xx shipped for 1 pair

They came decently packed...had the plastic film protection and it was in bubble wrap.

They are definately on the cheaper side but I do feel they're worth every cent! I eventually want to get some good ones around $90-100 range. But for a budget, you can go wrong on these.

This filters out the green beautifully. The blue does a good job too...

Now it says it'll do 405 as well, I don't have a 405 over 5mW so I can't give any good insight on that...yet.

It does block out a little but not much at all.

Check out the with/without pictures

Hope this helps everyone:beer:

PROTECTIVE FILM
Packaging.jpg

THE SHADES

unpacked.jpg

50mW 532nm WITHOUT SHADES

532without.jpg

50mW 532nm WITH SHADES

532with.jpg

1.5W 445nm WITHOUT SHADES

445without.jpg

1.5W 445nm WITH SHADES

445with.jpg

Last edited:

Pretty good as it looks.

My goggles are so strong, that green dots hardly look like a green dot. Looks like a dot of a brighter shade of red. I havent tested with high power 445, so Ill see how far it can go, but as for right now, its a nice review.

how much is it?

They are $15... They don't have any OD markings on them at all so they are definitely not approved glasses... They don't seem to do a lot for blue but they do filter green good (based on what I can see). Mariomaster made some videos of LPMing showing them under 5 mW output from a 650 mW laser over 25 seconds before going above safe levers and he says he destructively tested many of these units and they are consistent. I don't have a LPM myself to test them with however.

Yeah they're not great but they do a decent job. I would recommend getting a better pair but for those who can't afford a good approved pair this will suffice.

The camera didn't pick up well with how if filtered out the blue..its a little better than the green.

eexe

My pair doesn't block 405 well, definetly not safe. Yellow goggles block 445 better, and I haven't tested it against 532 because I heven't got any.
That's a pretty good review you made, it shows what to expect when buying those goggles to people not so familiar with OD ratings :) Good job :beer: