Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

quick question

jahad

hey guys i have a red laser pointer but i have to use cr2 batterys is there any way i can use differnt batterys even 9v with the wire

If you have a laser that operates at 3V, DO NOT put 9.0V into it! I am absolutely certain it will fry. Can you post pictures? If you can get another battery/set of batteries that has the same voltage, it should work. I once used a CR2 and AA battery taped together in place of an 18650, and it worked pretty well.

TTerbo

well if by work you mean kill your laser then yes it will work

jahad

well my man my laser wont do it i did put the batterys together not wired and it doesnt work so ya

edit also i know the laser works the old 2 batterys work but there dieing out also i cant find the batterys and there like 20 dollars for 2 at the stores

Last edited:
Try rechargeable CR2's from DX or ebay. You should be able to get a charger and batteries for less than $20.00. I use rechargeables in my red dilda and they work fine.

jahad

alright but i still kinda want to use my laser right now
;p so any way of doing this and thanks for replying for fast guys

jahad

wtf are u talking about man the batterys im trying to use are 1.5 each

Sorry, but where did you get those batteries, and why are you using them? The standard CR2 voltage is 3.0 volts, as are the ones that come with the laser:

DSC_22823-4_360.jpg

jahad

i have those too but i need to order a charger so i want to use double a for couple days can u help me out with this