Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Questions about/for BeamCheap

1. Yep, we aren't children, nothing to worry about there.

2. I have explained this many times. Drop shippers tend to not be related to the company they drop ship with. Susie is a large part of this company, this is another distribution channel for O-Like products. Essentially, I am in charge of the Customer Service part of BeamCheap, but I also make edits to the site etc.

3. We are essentially O-Like, with two extra foreign staff. Warranties are sent to O-Like/BeamCheap.

4. If the laser is confiscated, too bad. We have nowhere near the profit margins to provide any sort of support in this issue. We are happy to send batteries separately, but apart from that, there is nothing more we can do.

5. I am not impressed. I will be confronting Susie about this. Thank you.

I find this all a bit suspicious:undecided:

I found it more than a bit suspicous.
Did a few simple google searches on the user name lemonwonder and found out a few things.
Is only 18 or 19 years old, nothing wrong with this, but I'm not sure the age of adult responsibility in NZ nad if at this age a person could be held legally and financially responsible for their actions or not.

Item #2 and this is troublesome.
It seems that lemonwonder is much more into making fast cash and not necessarily the legal way. He is the owner and host of a PTC (pay to click) pyramid scam/scheme website called MbBux mbBux - Get Paid to Click!
and is listed in on this site as a known PTC scam site.
Known PTC Scams - Legitimate Paid To Click Sites
If I were o-like, I would have researched this person a little more before giving them complete control over the o-like domain.
When someone is into scamming people with the make money fast schemes. I wouldn't ptu it past them to harvest and sell credit card information or to write code to turn website vistor computers into botnets to to do their bidding, they are only in it for the fast buck and don't care who they harm to do so.
Remember, until lemonwonder began posting abouting about his deal with o-like a week or so ago, he was an unkown here (I am pretty much an unknown here too for that matter, but their is nothing in it for me except to prevent fraud). O-like madea a big mistake in turning their company servers over to such an individual.

OK, so I'm done here, I've shown him for what he is, if anyone loses their money or gets crap, then it their own fault.
ps, it's been nearly a full day and still no answer from them or any policies on their website; but who needs a policy when it's just to get people to send them money.

Would you let me explain myself? And yes, there is an answer above!

mbBUX was not a scam, it was a failure. Jack Ellis ran away with ALL of our money, Jack was the coder. No users had put money into our system yet, they had just signed up.
We were forced to close.

Let me repeat, we received not a single cent from users, we just had to close because the coder ran away with our money. Pretty pathetic of me to leave it in a PayPal that he has access to, but I trusted him then.

We did not scam anybody, we failed before we even opened.

I am an honest person and will NEVER scam anyone.

1. Yep, we aren't children, nothing to worry about there.

2. I have explained this many times. Drop shippers tend to not be related to the company they drop ship with. Susie is a large part of this company, this is another distribution channel for O-Like products. Essentially, I am in charge of the Customer Service part of BeamCheap, but I also make edits to the site etc.

3. We are essentially O-Like, with two extra foreign staff. Warranties are sent to O-Like/BeamCheap.

4. If the laser is confiscated, too bad. We have nowhere near the profit margins to provide any sort of support in this issue. We are happy to send batteries separately, but apart from that, there is nothing more we can do.

5. I am not impressed. I will be confronting Susie about this. Thank you.

Geeez.... that instills confidence in a new supplier venture...:whistle:

You are not impressed about what...:thinking:

Jerry

Thats the way it is.
If US customs confiscates the laser, it is not returned to us, we don't somehow get the money back that was spent manufacturing the laser, so we have no way to provide any consolation. I tell it like it is :)

I am not impressed with the fake factory picture.

I am also not impressed with peoples ability to jump to conclusions without letting the person have a fair trial.

Believe what you want, BeamCheap will eventually gain your trust.

ogre

he helped me with my order. i'll post up when it shows up with pix.

Thanks Ogre :)
It is expected to ship by tomorrow.

BTW: The website is currently down for maintenance, until we can get a proper page up explaining that any orders placed between today and the 19th will not be sent until after the 20th. I dont want anyone ordering and then being struck with the news that it wont be sent for over a week. We'll get a proper page up shortly.

Thats the way it is.
If US customs confiscates the laser, it is not returned to us, we don't somehow get the money back that was spent manufacturing the laser, so we have no way to provide any consolation. I tell it like it is :)

I am not impressed with the fake factory picture.

I am also not impressed with peoples ability to jump to conclusions without letting the person have a fair trial.

Believe what you want, BeamCheap will eventually gain your trust.

So why don't you do like DX and state that you will not Ship to the USA
and be done with it... rather than putting the shipping/customs risk on
the customer...:thinking:

It seems the only one who will gain is you... You get a payment and the
USA customer may get nothing in return...:eek:

Jerry

KiLLrB

I think laserguy needs to take his lithium and calm down.... I think lemon knows damn well if he screws with any member of LPF he might as well close up shop. Not to be arrogant about it but I would be willing to say LPM generates more sales for all the laser websites than any other method of advertising of all the sites combined.

Last edited:

Jerry

Because we believe everyone should be entitled to shop with us.
We make it clear to every customer from the USA that there is the issue with customs.

If they wish to not take this risk, a full refund is provided within 24 hours.

Hey KiLLrB...

just a small heads-up the Forum is called LPF LaserPointerForums...

LPM is Laser Power Meter....;)

Jerry

Jerry
Hi Jerry,
Actually if the purchase is made using paypal, paypal will refund their money if the customer files a complaint for none delivery goods purchased, unless the seller can provide a signed proof of delivery, the seller is out the money.
PayPal has an AUP that the sellers must read and agree to that says they won't ship/sell illegal goods into a country, so if it gets confiscated, it's just like the buyer didn't get what he paid for and is due a full refund in paypal's eyes.

KiLLrB

Hey KiLLrB...

just a small heads-up the Forum is called LPF LaserPointerForums...

LPM is Laser Power Meter....;)

Jerry

Ya i know had a brain fart :p I hope that was the only time i posted that lol

Hi Jerry,
Actually if the purchase is made using paypal, paypal will refund their money if the customer files a complaint for none delivery goods purchased, unless the seller can provide a signed proof of delivery, the seller is out the money.
PayPal has an AUP that the sellers must read and agree to that says they won't ship/sell illegal goods into a country, so if it gets confiscated, it's just like the buyer didn't get what he paid for and is due a full refund in paypal's eyes.

Yeah... you are absolutely correct... and if a Credit Card is used a
Charge Back can also be initiated...

Thanks for jogging my memory...;)

@KiLLrB....:crackup::crackup:

Jerry

Because we believe everyone should be entitled to shop with us.
We make it clear to every customer from the USA that there is the issue with customs.

If they wish to not take this risk, a full refund is provided within 24 hours.
Yes, they should have this choice, but if you use paypal as your payment method / CC merchant, it is you taking the risk, not the customer.

If you used a regular CC merchant account, rather than paypal, most will allow you to put such warnings/risks in your terms of service agreement that the customer must agree to and then the risk would be the buyers, but not the case with PayPal as you would be in violation of paypal's AUP.

If they take the dispute through PayPal, of course they'll get the money.

But before the disputes process, it is, as good manors, expected that they accept the risk. If people start to not accept the risk, we'll simply stop shipping to USA.

Until then, we'll leave things the way they are :)