Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about Survival Lasers

MP, you wouldn't think it was so stupid if you received a series of letters from the FDA (that's the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the federal agency charged by Congress with the regulation of "radiation producing" products like lasers, among other things) threatening to fine you and/or shut you down if you didn't comply with their policy of selective interpretation and enforcement of their regulations.

Do you seriously think I would of my own free will turn down sales from my fellow citizens?? :thinking:

The SL USA site was specifically constructed after a number of exchanges with the FDA about what they would and would not consider violations of their regulations. We also racked up significant legal fees during this process.

The reason others here are still selling is that they are not yet on the FDA's radar, or are not selling a combination of parts that could be construed as "lasers" or "laser products" as the FDA defines them. If they continue long enough, or become visible enough, I'm sure they will be contacted as well.

If you are unhappy with this policy, I would recommend you contact the FDA and express your concern and opinion about their regulations and enforcement practices. We appreciate all the support we can get and we would love to be able to resume shipping all of our products to US customers. :beer:

No way I mean really no way! I've been off this thread for awhile. Garoq sorry the FDA is giving you so much crap in the way of legal fees, thank you for taking a stand though.

I was lucky to get one of your amazing 1.5watt SS2 laser host assemblies before this all went down. Now I'm really going to cherish this thing and hope it lasts forever seeing as the FDA must absolutely 'protect' us dumb laser users from hurting ourselves. I'm just in shock this is so unreal. :cryyy:

Enjoy this photo and may we all have a moment of silence for one of the last survival lasers ever sold in the US of A:(

Attachments

• DSC_0997.jpg
    DSC_0997.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 93

If you need the pill and brass ring, just get the DIY host kit and a heat sink from the heat sinks page. If
you're using a 12x30mm module, make sure to get the drilled pill.

upaa27

Pill included. They are nice hosts for medium power builds.

When I say "bypass the restrictions" I mean have the laser/parts mailed to a non-U.S. address, which then forwards the package to me. Surely there must be foreign mail forwarding services; I should look into it.