Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

question about Survival Lasers

Zeebit

Doesn't look like it but you can buy those two parts from SL as well

If it has a heat sink then it has no pill. I do why they tale the pill out though......stupid if you ask me.

Or you could buy the cheaper host that has a pill and get the heat sink somewhere else for cheap

Garoq

We leave them out of the marked hosts because they were originally intended for use with our preassembled driver and pill modules, but we can start including them if our customers would prefer them this way.

Stein

It does come with the pill and ring!

Well at least mine did.

Last edited:
I think you need to add the option to include pill with them. They might be intended to use with your driver/diode combo but that means you are not marketing to anyone in the USA. I dont know your market stats but I'd guess that we LPF are a HUGE part of your sales and most of the buyers are in the USA. We in the USA dont have access to the driver/diode bundle and a lot of members build their own combos since 445nm are over done in C6 hosts.

Just my thought and also wish you could sell the driver/diode combos in the USA but I know thats a legal issue and is bigger than its worth

Encap

Hi every one
I have a question about this product

Survival Laser C6 Host Assembly

Does it have a driver pill and brass ring or should i buy one
Thank alot
-H

IN the link you provided it shows a C6 host for $19.95 that comes with an unanodized aluminum heat sink---it says , " Does not come with diode, driver circuit, focusing ring or other components." You need to add all the other parts from the related items below.

If you are in Saudi Arabia or England why don't you simply buy a Survival Lasers complete part bundle of whatever wavelength lasers you want? Survival offers them in red, blue, and violet laser part bundles. THey come with everything you need to make a complete laser. These are available for purchase to International customers but not to US customers, so can be sold and shipped to either of your locations.

Last edited:
IN the link you provided it shows a C6 host for $19.95 that comes with an unanodized aluminum heat sink---it says , " Does not come with diode, driver circuit, focusing ring or other components." You need to add all the other parts from the related items below.

If you are in Saudi Arabia or England why don't you simply buy a Survival Lasers complete part bundle of whatever wavelength lasers you want? Survival offers them in red, blue, and violet laser part bundles. THey come with everything you need to make a complete laser. These are available for purchase to International customers but not to US customers, so can be sold and shipped to either of your locations.

Thank you for advice yes. But I need a host because I want to attempt my first build. So that is why I wonder about the driver pill and parts
Thank you
Huzaifah

Encap

Thank you for advice yes. But I need a host because I want to attempt my first build. So that is why I wonder about the driver pill and parts
Thank you
Huzaifah

The link is for the host only with basic heatsink---if that is all you need.

If you don't want to buy a complete kit with everything needed to make a complete laser, Survival Lasers has all of the needed parts available and listed on the web site for purchase separately.

If you have a diode or other parts--then contact Gary at Survival, tell him what you have, and ask what else you need to build a laser. He is a good guy and will be happy to help you put together whatever you need to make a complete laser.

Last edited:

Stein

If you want to, I have an extra pill and ring. So if you need one I can get them to you for cheap. ;)

My only complaint with SL is that they are based in the US and yet, basically treat US residents like second class citizens in that they don't sell diodes to us. There are others here who live/operate in the US and sell to US residents, so I don't see what SL's issue with that is.

Sorry for the rude tone here, but imho it's a stupid stance and policy. Just my 0.02.

Garoq

My only complaint with SL is that they are based in the US and yet, basically treat US residents like second class citizens in that they don't sell diodes to us. There are others here who live/operate in the US and sell to US residents, so I don't see what SL's issue with that is.

Sorry for the rude tone here, but imho it's a stupid stance and policy. Just my 0.02.

MP, you wouldn't think it was so stupid if you received a series of letters from the FDA (that's the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the federal agency charged by Congress with the regulation of "radiation producing" products like lasers, among other things) threatening to fine you and/or shut you down if you didn't comply with their policy of selective interpretation and enforcement of their regulations.

Do you seriously think I would of my own free will turn down sales from my fellow citizens?? :thinking:

The SL USA site was specifically constructed after a number of exchanges with the FDA about what they would and would not consider violations of their regulations. We also racked up significant legal fees during this process.

The reason others here are still selling is that they are not yet on the FDA's radar, or are not selling a combination of parts that could be construed as "lasers" or "laser products" as the FDA defines them. If they continue long enough, or become visible enough, I'm sure they will be contacted as well.

If you are unhappy with this policy, I would recommend you contact the FDA and express your concern and opinion about their regulations and enforcement practices. We appreciate all the support we can get and we would love to be able to resume shipping all of our products to US customers. :beer:

Leave it to fed-gov overbearing police state to ruin everything.

And yes, I know about 21 CFR 1040.10 and 11. I also know about the FDA, who is trying to "protect" us from lasers, while allowing heart-attack inducers like Celebrex on the market. Stupid fed-gov agencies and thugs.

edit: Is there a way to BYPASS this restriction?

Last edited:

Garoq

Is there a way to BYPASS this restriction?

The only way I am aware of is to not openly promote parts for use in high power handheld lasers. By selling laser diodes in addition to hosts, heat sinks, drivers etc. you are doing that in the FDA's interpretation and you will eventually get their attention.

Afaik, as long as its not a "fully" working laser then the FDA cant say crap. I.E. if you sell the diode and driver unsoldered from each other then its not a laser. It is considered parts and can be made into a laser but obviously the FDA cant do anything about parts. DTR sells diodes attached to drivers since you need a contact board to complete the laser, i.e. just "parts"

If your buyers cant solder two simple wires together than they shouldnt own a laser to begin with. Just something to look into since I know nothing exact in the eyes of the FDA about my parts theory/idea