Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Q: Which of these i choose? From DX

Spiro

First sry for my english, its not so good. :D

I wanna buy one green laser (for first time), but don't know who?
Please help me whit choice ;]
DealExtreme: $28.00 SD-303 Focusable Stars Light 50mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Battery Set (1*18650)

or SC-300,301,302 - all 50mW
What's the difference between them?
If that it's not good choice for laser (like model) tell me another model from DX to $30. Thanks to all.

p.s. I read a lot but dont have information about these lasers, except 1-2 threads
I apologize if I'm outside the forum rules.

anselm

http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/dx-sd-303-200mw-review-60421.html

So didn't this review help you?
It's the same laser, just a more powerful module inside...
Should be good value for it's money, considering the fun diffraction lens it comes with.

Oh and welcome!:wave:
Please make sure to use the search function, there's already an answer for every
newbie question, and also read up on laser safety.

Spiro

I think is >5mw is dangerous and i will buy 5mw for toy :D
So tell me who 5mw is laser good one. I want laser have good beam at night.
From DealExtreme, because the delivery is free. ;]
I used search but dont have anything (or i miss something)

Tnx, a lot.

X FLY

I think is >5mw is dangerous and i will buy 5mw for toy :D
So tell me who 5mw is laser good one. I want laser have good beam at night.
From DealExtreme, because the delivery is free. ;]
I used search but dont have anything (or i miss something)

Tnx, a lot.

If you want a real 5mW laser that is "safe" don't get anything from DX the 5mW pointers are almost always overspec (can be upto 30-50mW) and they have no IR filters. Get a good, real 5mW pointer from laserglow.com. I can quarantee it will last forever and not brake down like the cheap shit pointers.

Here's the cheapest 5mW they sell: Laserglow Technologies - Handheld Lasers, Alignment Lasers and Lab / OEM Lasers

anselm

If you end buying one from DX, get one that says "TRUE" in the title.

^if lower than 30mW
higher than that, you will end up with ~40% IR.
if you want a 200mW laser from DX, get yourself a 50mW from rayfoss. The brightness will be the same, with a bigger quality.
if you want a 20mW pen, get the true 50mW from priceangels.com.

X FLY

Something around $25 with free shipping? :D That is too much.

If you want it to be somewhat safe then it must be a high quality pointer, because as far as I know there are no cheap IR filtered lasers that would have an output power of less than 5mW. All the cheap lasers usually output alot more and alot of that light can be IR too. The closest you can get is a 5mW pointer from Optotronics it has an IR filter and should be about 5-10mW in power, also it costs just 29$ but has no free shipping.

Optotronics Product Details

You can ask Jack (the Optotronics site owner, hes LPF nick is: bootleg2go) to send you a model that is as close as possible to 5mW, he has pens ranging from 5mW to 15mW that he sells as 5mW pointers.

@X FLY
send me a 5mW pointer from DX and a $3 IR filter from Rayfoss and I'll send that unit for you by $29.

X FLY

@X FLY
send me a 5mW pointer from DX and a $3 IR filter from Rayfoss and I'll send that unit for you by $29.

The output power would still most likely be over 5mW. The point was to get a real 5mW pointer for as cheap as possible.

DX's 5mW pointers are likely to have 10mW.
By the way, referral links like "Earn cash online" and "lpf shortcut made by me" are forbidden on LPF. Have you read forum rules?

http://adf.ly/ said:
You get paid for every person that visits your URLs.

X FLY

DX's 5mW pointers are likely to have 10mW.
By the way, referral links like "Earn cash online" and "lpf shortcut made by me" are forbidden on LPF. Have you read forum rules?

I have, but not all of it. Now when I look at them I can't find where it says linking to other sites (referral or not) is forbidden. Could you give me the exact line number? Also the shortcut url is not a referral url its just a website made by me.

X FLY

after posting "Easly earn cash online by posting links!", the referral website "made by you", is probably the referral link that when someone clicks, credits a cent or less on your account. After all, being an inneficient and bad system, it is forbidden.

if it were just a "hot link" to lpf, he could not count "5 seconds" before refreshing to LPF. The 5 second is a countdown, like a security system :beer:
I've had 16 before. Don't piss me off and follow rules.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/signature-guidelines-56010.html

The shortcut link is just a shortcut link it only loads my site which directly forwards the user to laserpointerforums.com, it does not have any "hidden" links that give me cash or anything.

after posting "Easly earn cash online by posting links!", the referral website "made by you", is probably the referral link that when someone clicks, credits a cent or less on your account. After all, being an inneficient and bad system, it is forbidden.

I've had 16 before. Don't piss me off and follow rules.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f36/signature-guidelines-56010.html

Daguin said:
You may NOT post links to third-party, referral or bonus type links in your signature

how did you create it?

oh well. forget it. I'll not struggle with you. Just by posting "Earn cash online" on your sig, it is already a mistake. If you were really clever, you could write "lpf" on your navigator and get redirected direct to "laserpointerforums.com". We'll let the mod see it and decide..

Last edited:

X FLY

how did you create it?

oh well. forget it. I'll not struggle with you. Just by posting "Earn cash online" on your sig, it is already a mistake. If you were really clever, you could write "lpf" on your navigator and get redirected direct to "laserpointerforums.com". We'll let the mod see it and decide..

Why did you neg rep me? For not knowing a rule thats not in the rules? Its ok to tell me that its a new rule etc like u did, but not to neg rep me for just not knowing that. Thats misuse of the rep system and that itself is against the TOS.

Don't bother replying im not discussing with someone who can't have a reasoned discussian but instead just goes mad and stars breaking the rules himself.