Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Pulse laser at 250+ Hz

Oroheusi

How to pulse a laser at over 250Hz? Any accurate and cheap setup?

Many thanks in advance!

We can help you a lot better if you actually tell about your project as opposed to demanding (perhaps unwarranted) specifications.

Oroheusi

I need to make my laser soured (low energy red is; even a laser pointer) to pulsate (completely on, and off) 250 Hz or more. I have no idea what kind of equipments would help me to do so?

Do you think only pulsating the power source using a controller (or anything cheap that can do it) would produce accurate results?

Thanks!

Giannis_TDM

I need to make my laser soured (low energy red is; even a laser pointer) to pulsate (completely on, and off) 250 Hz or more. I have no idea what kind of equipments would help me to do so?

Do you think only pulsating the power source using a controller (or anything cheap that can do it) would produce accurate results?

Thanks!
If its a small red module from a dollar store laser pointer, you can use a small MOSFET and an Arduino no problem.

You haven't given any information about your project. You've only re-stated your pulsed requirement. Please tell us about your project.

We have a lot of new members showing up asking questions like this, far higher than normal and I don't think people staying home bored is why. I can think of several possibilities of what is going on, but it's not such a terrible thing, helps keep the forum alive, without such questions the activity drops off.

One common thing about people who drop in with some wild idea using lasers for a new invention they are thinking about is they won't share much about what they want to do.

Last edited:

kecked

What length pulse? do you mean pulsed or q-switched? When I think pulse I think fs and ps lengths to obtain high peak powers. if all you want is to turn it on and off rapidly then you just need an osc to drive an analog laser driver.
guess you could use a chopper too. so as they said what are you trying to do?

Jim H

To turn on and off only, I would think the cheapest choice would be a 555 timer depending on power, or 555 and mosfet to pulse the power supply. LM555 can supply up to 200 mA, and the pulse width can be whatever you want, within it's specs. Basic circuit only takes a few resistors and a capacitor.