Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Protect Your Home with Laserbeams!" help

the more light falls on the sensor the lower the resistance.

I don't think it matters what photocell you get, that's what the potentiometer is there for, so you can adjust the sensitivity.

Comidt

Ok thanks.
I think I will go and get some parts and just try and build the plain circuit so long just to test.

you shouldn't let it make enough noise to wake only you, you should create a sort of blowhorn so the whole neighbourhood wakes up.
so the burglars will get scared and run away, that's more effective instead of you walking silently down the stairs in your payama's with your laserpointer.

oddish2211 said:
you shouldn't let it make enough noise to wake only you, you should create a sort of blowhorn so the whole neighbourhood wakes up.
so the burglars will get scared and run away, that's more effective instead of you walking silently down the stairs in your payama's with your laserpointer.
Lol, a laser and a pepperball gun....
You need to get some serious weapons, son!

Zom-B

That schematic is not going to work (will work just one time and then the transistor is broken)

There should be a protection diode around the relay.

I would however go for a more complex approach, as this alarm will go off if a leaf or raindrop passes the beam. Filters can prevent interruptions of short duration to be ignored. The downside is that a hurried burglar is ignored too. In the end the only solution is to place it inside, not outside.

Attachments

• alarm.gif
    alarm.gif
    7.7 KB · Views: 606
I actually just finished coding a laser trip wire system using the Arduino UNO that uses two beams, motion sensors, and an internet connection to do the following:

When the level of resistance for both beams is below a certain amount, the alarm triggers and the software starts looking for motion on one of the four motion sensors around my house. It then reports back, telling me which side of the property has been breached. In addition, this system send me a text message when the lasers are tripped. I am very pleased with this solution. The major reason why IR lasers would not work for me: impossible to reflect them around the house...

To take care of the lasers at each reflection post, I will build a secondary tube around the column and put a small tree in front of it. this will allow the laser to go into the outer tube, hit the small mirror and reflect the beam to the next point without being seen.

Drawbacks:

FOG, RAIN, SNOW -->

Luckily I live in Florida so snow is no issue.

Although, rain is a major issue. (I plan on adding rain sensors to this system, U will program the system to ignore certain types of chatter when it is raining only.)

As for fog... If I was driving through a town looking for a place to steal something, it wouldn't be from the people who has a laser trip wire system...

Anyway, if anyone is interested I will be happy to share my code.

I actually just finished coding a laser trip wire system using the Arduino UNO that uses two beams, motion sensors, and an internet connection to do the following:.........

Anyway, if anyone is interested I will be happy to share my code.

Yep definitely interesting! Why dont you start a new thread to introduce yourself and, if youre keen to share, let others know how you did it! ;)Welcome :beer:

Last edited:
I agree... opening a Thread in the Welcome section would have
been more appropriate than resurrecting a 4 year old Dead Thread
for your 1st Post...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time through our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Jerry... The last post to the thread before mine was in 2008. That's 5 years, quickly learn how to add before insulting someone... Btw, is there some rule about adding information pertinent to a thread 5 years later? I was just trying to help... Sounds like this forum is not for me...

Jerry... The last post to the thread before mine was in 2008. That's 5 years, quickly learn how to add before insulting someone... Btw, is there some rule about adding information pertinent to a thread 5 years later? I was just trying to help... Sounds like this forum is not for me...

It was a useful post. I don't see what the problem is with centralizing data. Why have 2 threads that both have half of a project in them. Then lasersbee has to yell at people who don't search to find the other half.

That was a useful post. I would have put it in this thread too.

Hmmmm
I agreed that this first post Necroposting would
have been better in the Welcome thread and I
get blasted from a Noob and a Member that
should know better about the consensus on the
Forum about necroposting.... Hmmmm

I see you are not versed in math either... It is actually closer to 4-1/2 years
than 5...
That being said as I've obviously given you a Butt Hurt I agree this Forum
may not be for you. You can't take any constructive criticism similar to a
spoiled child...

Don't let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
Jerry, yeah I am highly versed in mathematics. I'm a mechanical engineer. What degree do you have? I'm not a child, I don't use the word "noob" like children do. And even though I may be new to using lasers, I will program you under the table and do more with lasers than you can. Have a nice life old man!

Zeebit

Hey, you did have a good post but please show some respect.

I am on nobody's side.

You claim to be a mechanical engineer yet you do not act like one. Your replies seem unprofessional. Instead of showing some respect or explaining your side nicely you end up looking like an immature kid.

I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings somehow but I just want to point out the meaning of respect to vets.

Again, I am not taking anybody's side here.

Peace.