Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Proof read to see if you any words out.

:crackup: I'll admit to at times being a bit of a grammar nazi, but you guys have taken it to a whole new level of hilarity:crackup:

Btw, russian syntax and grammar are an absolute nightmare by comparison to english.

Russian?! Try Croatian! :D
Never mind the three different "dialects", speakers of which barely understand eachother, even in the "standard" agreed dialect as primary language, it's as complicated as a language gets. Don't get me started.

You might see that influencing my sentence structure (if not misspelling of certain words too), since it's completely different.

I also NEVER get right the "p" or "b" is "apsolute" or "absolute" (I don't even know which is the correct one right now!), and similar words.

Apologies for that in advance.

Russian?! Try Croatian! :D

Lol! No THANK You:na: I absolutely do not want to try it:p

Actually russian also has a whole lot of variation to it as well. Especially prior to the soviet times/pre 1920's and before, the russian language was very fragmented.

Another example my friend wrote down this afternoon: The docter heeled her.

Sounds like something he could get suspended for :D

TuhOz

Btw, russian syntax and grammar are an absolute nightmare by comparison to english.

Seems like you havent spoken finnish! :crackup:

example; järjestelmällisentelentelemättömyydellänsäkään
And no, that isnt a compound word

Idk what that is, but even google translate can't handle it!

Hmm, maybe we should post in binary from now on:p

I've seen that word before, what does it mean? I know Finnish people can add a full sentence of information into a single word but it makes it a lot harder to translate :shhh:

Is Finnish in any way comparable to Icelandic? I only know some Norwegian/Swedish/Danish.

Last edited:

TuhOz

I've seen that word before, what does it mean? I know Finnish people can add a full sentence of information into a single word but it makes it a lot harder to translate :shhh:

Is Finnish in any way comparable to Icelandic? I only know some Norwegian/Swedish/Danish.

That word could mean "without any systematic", but it is very hard to translate.
I havent even used that word... ever

And Finnish is some kind of kindred(?) language to Swedish and Eesti and Norwegian afaik.

If someone is interested more in Finnish

Here are some of the more common such suffixes. Which of each pair is used depends on the word being suffixed in accordance with the rules of vowel harmony.
-ja/jä : agent (one who does) (e.g. lukea "to read" → lukija "reader")
-lainen/läinen: inhabitant of (either noun or adjective). Englanti "England" → englantilainen "English person or thing"; Venäjä → venäläinen "Russian person or thing".
-sto/stö: collection of. For example: kirja "a book" → kirjasto "a library"; laiva "a ship" → laivasto "navy, fleet".
-in: instrument or tool. For example: kirjata "to book, to file" → kirjain "a letter" (of the alphabet); vatkata "to whisk" → vatkain "a whisk, mixer".
-uri/yri: an agent or instrument (kaivaa "to dig" → kaivuri "an excavator"; laiva "a ship" → laivuri "shipper, shipmaster").
-os/ös: result of some action (tulla "to come" → tulos "result, outcome"; tehdä "to do" → teos "a piece of work").
-ton/tön: lack of something, "un-", "-less" (onni "happiness" → onneton "unhappy"; koti "home" → koditon "homeless").
-llinen: having (the quality of) something (lapsi "a child" → lapsellinen "childish"; kauppa "a shop, commerce" → kaupallinen "commercial").
-kas/käs: similar to -llinen (itse "self" → itsekäs "selfish"; neuvo "advice" → neuvokas "resourceful").
-va/vä: doing or having something (taitaa "to be able" → taitava "skillful"; johtaa "to lead" → johtava "leading").
-la/lä: a place related to the main word (kana "a hen" → kanala "a henhouse"; pappi "a priest" → pappila "a parsonage").

Last edited:
WoW - World of Warcraft
Wow - o_O excitement :D:D:D
Lol - laughing out loud :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Last edited:

This word looks like you let your cat run on your keyboard.:D

ARG

While were on the subject of grammar, whats with people not capitalizing their "I"s.

It drives me insane. It's not that hard to press the shift key.

While were on the subject of grammar, whats with people not capitalizing their "I"s.

It drives me insane. It's not that hard to press the shift key.

true, true... (I think I have done that once or twice) :D
I would say that my key is stuck?... but that would be more of an excuse .... :D

I just don't think about myself as a person... :shhh: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

haha just kidding - I get lazy sometimes :crackup: